How does of Hoffman transfer work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lysol

Its a parabolic line using the least amount of dV to tranfer. <br /><br />This is how i know it....<br /><br />You pick an intercept longitude from your source g field.<br /><br />Then your ejection longitude<br /><br />stay in a forced prograde/retrograde orbit....just before the burn you break orbit and achieve your desired dV.<br /><br />Cruise till you intercept your intercept longitude from your source target. Use your target body as your new referance....do a pro/retrograde burn to lower your Velocity so your in a hyperbolic for capture.<br /><br />cruise<br /><br />Then burn again to lower your velocity to an orbital velocity and transfer complete?

Q

qso1

I think you meant Hohmann transfer orbit. Anyway, the link below gives a good description and graphic.<br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohmann_transfer_orbit <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts