How is it as a Geologist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fatal291

Well I like Astronomy and I was considering being a Geologist. How much Math is involved? Is it fun? I'm exploring right now so If youre in the in field can you tell me some of the stuff you've done and doing currently? How much is the pay?

T

telfrow

Calling Jon Clarke.... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <strong><font color="#3366ff">Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yeild.</font> - <font color="#3366ff"><em>Tennyson</em></font></strong> </div>

T

tfwthom

You can combine both interests. My friend Brent has. Brent A. Archinal, Geodesist <br /><br />Money has never come up when we have been out observing and I would never ask but if making money is your goal I would say you wouldn't need to worry about having lots of it. I know Brent does it because he loves it.<br /><br />He gets to work on fun things like the Mars Rover Team, and he has a minor planet named for him. (Minor Planet no. 11941 named Archinal by International Astronomical Union, 2000 November) He's the 3rd person I observe with that does (I feel left out)<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

F

fatal291

I was just wondering about the entire field including money, but yea it really dont matter

S

sponge

Which do you prefer, oil or mining, underground, surface or exploration. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><u>SPONGE</u></em></p> </div>

F

fatal291

Well I don't have any experience (other than what I see on tv lol) but if I could do this right now I'd have to say land, the parts where you actually are hands on studying the climate and formation of the terrain. I have always had a spot for wondering about the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts