How many shuttle flights are left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leovinus

I read somewhere that it had been suggested to keep the shuttle flying past 2010, but this wasn't practical because they are shutting down the assembly plants that manufacture the parts for the ships.&nbsp; So one way or the other, the shuttle stops in 2010.&nbsp; How many flights are left? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I read somewhere that it had been suggested to keep the shuttle flying past 2010, but this wasn't practical because they are shutting down the assembly plants that manufacture the parts for the ships.&nbsp; So one way or the other, the shuttle stops in 2010.&nbsp; How many flights are left? <br />Posted by Leovinus</DIV></p><p>Current Shuttle Manifest:</p><p>http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/structure/iss_manifest.html</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>I count 14.</p><p>Wayne</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

T

tadpoletriker

<p>About the best reason Atlantis has had two more missions added is so the fleet can fly a few more.</p><p>I wonder if one should add one for the parts which will remain for the last LON and a very small crew.</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

O

Osgiliathinaz

Now we know that putting our American eggs into the Soyuz basket might be a huge mistake. Now is the time to extend the Shuttle program for at least two additional years.

S

samkent

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Now we know that putting our American eggs into the Soyuz basket might be a huge mistake. Now is the time to extend the Shuttle program for at least two additional years. <br />Posted by Osgiliathinaz</DIV><br /><br /><font size="2">We are past the tipping point for adding additional missions. The cost to restart the production lines for critical replacement parts would be way beyond the value of the missions. The parts in stock and the pipeline are all that we are going to get. Lets hope they are stored very carefully and no harm comes to them.</font>

B

bpcooper

There are 11 shuttle missions left. STS-124, 125, 126, 119, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 and 133. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-Ben</p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>There are 11 shuttle missions left. STS-124, 125, 126, 119, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 and 133. <br />Posted by bpcooper</DIV></p><p>Thanx, Ben, my mistake. 3 on the manifest are non-shuttle missions.</p><p>Wayne</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

A

actionforspacedotcom

I posted the transcript of the house committee of Science as the grilled NASA on this issue. They talked about the AMS, the ability of the russians to supply spares for the station, and the interplay between COTS, ATV, Orion and the Japenese vehicle. Check out the transcript! My spelling and grammer wasnt perfect (I was typing pretty fast) but it does the job. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

We have 11 more shuttle flights on the manifest. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts