How will it be and look on Asteroid Ceres?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

remcot

What kind of landscape can we expect when we put men in the future on Ceres? Will it be a world like our own Moon ,or is it totally different? Is the Sun shining dim there or normally bright like it shines on the moon but a bit less bright. And what about the gravity there?

B

brandbll

What's that birght spot on Ceres? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="3">You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!</font></p> </div>

Q

qso1

To get a good approximation as far as the sky, Sun, planets ect from Ceres. If you have Starry Night astronomy software, that can give you a good idea except for the surface of the body itself. There is also a JPL link to something called "Solar System Simulator" I don't have it handy and I don't know if Ceres is part of their data base. Again, no surface sim.<br /><br />I recall seeing a Hubble or possibly ground based telescope image of Ceres that it appeared to be roundish. I'd say on the surface itself, you'd have something similar in appearance to the moon. Mostly grey, maybe darker than lunar grey. You could probably kick small rocks quite a ways off. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

M

mattblack

I can't wait to see Ceres!! I've been interested in it since I was a child. It might have more water ice locked up in its rocks as hydrates than all the lakes on Earth! Might that make it a mega-comet core? We'll have to wait till spacecraft "Dawn" gets there in a few years. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>One Percent of Federal Funding For Space: America <strong><em><u>CAN</u></em></strong> Afford it!!  LEO is a <strong><em>Prison</em></strong> -- It's time for a <em><strong>JAILBREAK</strong></em>!!</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts