Hubble captures gorgeous image of 'Einstein ring' from warped quasar light

That is a striking image supporting Einstein GR. I did a bit more digging into the image and report. Here are some notes from me on the topic. The NASA ADS Abstract for this lensing is Serendipitous discovery of quadruple imaged quasars: two diamonds, https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2018MNRAS.476..927L/abstract, May 2018. The redshift of the quasar is 1.975 and the lensing double galaxies about 0.293. The interpretation looks very good however I note some points here. I use these cosmology calculators. https://ned.ipac.caltech.edu/help/cosmology_calc.html, https://www.kempner.net/cosmic.php

Using cosmology calculator 1, I get these values for z=1.975 or the redshift number cited, using defaults. For “Ho = 69.6, OmegaM = 0.286, Omegavac = 0.714, z = 1.975. It is now 13.720 Gyr since the Big Bang. The age at redshift z was 3.357 Gyr. The light travel time was 10.363 Gyr. The comoving radial distance, which goes into Hubble's law, is 5235.5 Mpc or 17.076 Gly. The comoving volume within redshift z is 601.128 Gpc^3. The angular size distance DA is 1759.8 Mpc or 5.7399 Gly. This gives a scale of 8.532 kpc/". The luminosity distance DL is 15575.7 Mpc or 50.801 Gly.”

Cosmology calculator 1 indicates the age of the universe when the quasar object was born according to the BB model was about 3.357 billion years after the BB and look back or light time distance today is 10.363 billion light years. The lensing double galaxy are z=0.293, 3.4 billion light years distance is correct with the quasar redshift z=1.975, much farther away according to BB model interpretation. This lensing interpretation is about an object traveling faster than c velocity in expanding space. According to the expanding universe and velocity rate changes in BB model, any object(s) with z => 1.4 are moving away in 3D space, faster than c velocity now. The object with z=1.975 formed when the universe angular size distance about 5.7399 billion light years. That indicates the universe was 11.4798 billion light years in diameter when this object formed in the BB model. The CMBR today is said to be z ~ 1100. This means the universe present size since the BB is about 93 billion light years in diameter. When I read about objects expanding in 3D space faster than c velocity because of their redshifts, what independent tests are conducted to validate this interpretation? What independent tests are conducted to show that the object, 2M1310-1714 formed when the universe was only about 3.4 billion years old and the universe size then only about 11.5 billion light years in diameter? What independent tests are conducted to show that the CMBR z ~ 1100 today according to the BB model, is indeed the correct redshift value? What independent tests confirm that the universe we live in today has a diameter of about 93 billion light years across because CMBR z ~ 1100 used in the BB model? Important questions in my thinking when reading reports like this on lensing galaxies and what is considered to be a much more distant quasar.

Latest posts