!~! Huge Amateur Rocket Launch Weekend !~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

witmoreland

Break out the sunscreen, pack the rockets (and kids and dogs) and head to beautiful Orangeburg, South Carolina. Fly on one of the best fields on the East Coast. This three day event is sponsored by ICBM (TRA) and ROSCO (NAR). <br /><br />September 4th and 5th are Sport Launch days followed by a Tripoli Rocketry Association Experimental Launch on September 6th. <br /><br />Range will open at 10am each day with a 10,000 ft. waiver. <br /><br />Launch fees are $10/day or $20 for all three days for visitors or $5/day or $10 for all three days for ICBM and ROSCO members. <br /><br />To insure safe flight operations, we ask you please check all models at the RSO station. The LCO will not allow you to rack your model without RSO flight approval. Flights with a greater total impulse than 2560ns (L motor or better) or are of a complex nature must have prior approval from either the Prefect (Eric Benner) or Senior Advisor (Bobby Weatherford). Do not plan flights with expected altitude above 9,000ft. We ask you to contact us via email prior to arrival and if possible send a RocSim file for review. If you’re planning on impressing the crowd, be prepared to impress the safety team first. <br /><br />If you are planning on any certification launches, please contact Eric Benner (Prefect, prefect@tripolisc.org) for TRA or Bobby Weatherford (Senior Advisor, advisor@roscoweb.org) for NAR. We will help coordinate the certification tests and certification team with you. When emailing us, please let us know the date and time you plan on your certification flight. <br /><br />We look forward to seeing you at the launch. <br /><br />Fly high, fly fast, fly safe. <br /><br /><br />See http://www.tripolisc.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=80 for more info! Or click the "Rocket Club" link below.<br /><br />Hope to see you there! <br />

M

mikejz

A few years ago I was trying to get a video production company together—and I got the idea of doing a video of an event like this. I even went so far as to purchase 5 old video camera that I would put really close to the pad to get the launch from many different angles. I never panned out though.

W

witmoreland

Much like rocketry itself, taping launches is an art. It takes practice and patience and input from the masters. <br /><br />Blatent Plug: We have videos!! For sale at cost!!! Want one???<br /><br />We do this because we love this, much as a painter fills a canvas. We want to spread the word and we want comraderie and we want to pass our knowledge on to the next generation. You will not find a more friendly, fun-loving, intelligent yet humble, in the clouds yet down to earth people anywhere as you will find in the club. We don't make money on anything we do. Oh, there are a few here and there who break even selling kits and parts and motors, but mostly we spend. And we feel we get our money's worth. So yes, the videos really are only at cost. I'd love for you to have one.<br /><br />I'd also love for you to continue your goal of launching a video production of such an event! Please come practice on us anytime! <br />

W

witmoreland

And I suppose you just posted that to make me drool on my shirt.<br /><br />Rub it in, whydoncha.<br /><br />Like I don't have enough laundry to do.<br /><br />

W

witmoreland

Maybe we can even arrange an event swap... If you want to go to Orangeburg, I'll be happy to cover for you!<br /><br />Grins.<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts