Huge granite 'body' on far side of the moon offers clues to ancient lunar volcanoes

Nov 16, 2020
Visit site
" This feature was likely formed as the result of cooling magma that fed fiery eruptions of lunar volcanoes around 3.5 billion years ago. "

There should be large amounts of coarse-grained pyroclastic rocks in the vicinity of these old volcanoes as there was no running water to erode them. These should be seen from space. Have they looked?

Nov 16, 2020
Visit site
To "jump start" life anywhere there must be liquid water and protection from solar UV radiation . But also dry land for abiogenesis to form peptide and nucleotide bonds leading to DNA and proteins. Meteorites could provide the starting materials...amino acids. Liquid water the source of oxygen for ozone in the stratosphere. Hydrogen escaping to space.

Just my thinking here. The reports coming out now about so much violent catastrophism for the early Earth and Moon system, abiogenesis must avoid being destroyed at the start, and then taking place again, again, and again. I considered this after reading Charles Darwin letters on the warm little pond from 1871 and 1882.

My note Charles Darwin hoped that someday evidence would be shown for life evolving from non-living matter but in his time, none was known that was *worth anything* and the *law of continuity* would provide this, also a general law of nature for abiogenesis. None of this in science is proven at present. There is no general law of abiogenesis seen operating in nature. So, here is a summary of four points in these letters that I learned.

1. A warm little pond is postulated for the origin of life on Earth but Charles Darwin thought if abiogenesis operating in a warm little pond in his time, perhaps such life evolving from non-living matter would be quickly destroyed by existing life and eaten.

2. No good evidence for abiogenesis taking place in Charles Darwin time seen in nature.

3. The law of continuity is needed for abiogenesis to work apparently, and

4. Someday a general law of nature developed to describe and show abiogenesis like other laws of nature, for example the laws of motion or law of gravity. Apparently all four I list here are missing in science today, even with natural law operating in nature in a uniform manner, i.e., *law of continuity*. When I consider point #1, it is good IMO to avoid catastrophism that wipes out abiogenesis creating life from non-living matter at the very beginning otherwise many abiogenesis events must be envisioned to replace the earlier efforts that failed. These are four points I learned by reading some of Charles Darwin letters on the warm little pond and origin of life on Earth and comparing to all the catastrophism documented now for the early Earth-Moon system.

Latest posts