Huuricane threat to KSC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shuttle_rtf

News over here in the UK are going large on the treat being like Ivan (which did affect KSC).<br /><br />Of course, a strong breeze here is enough for the Firefighters to tell everyone to dig 50 feet underground and pray, so it could be over-cooked on our news.<br /><br />Any info on the threat to KSC?

N

najab

Hurricane? What, where? Did I miss something?<br /><br />TS Arlene is long gone and forgotten....

S

shuttle_rtf

Ha ha, that's UK News Networks for you. Last night's news was "Florida residents batton down the hatches for Hurricane Arlene!"

D

drwayne

Tropical Storm Arlene blew through the Florida panhandle yesterday afternoon. We had some gusts in the area of 60 mph, and we lost some shingles, but all in all, not real bad.<br /><br />We still have a lot of folks who are still in trailors and only partially repaired homes nearly 9 months after Ivan.<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

C

CalliArcale

The remnant of Arlene is now over Ohio and affecting weather here in Minnesota; it's deflecting a low pressure system, causing it to spend extra time over the region. It could get pretty wet today. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

R

rybanis

We'll take some of that, Washington State is gearing up for a record drought. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

drwayne

It spotty up there in the nortwest, isn't it. I thought some areas were getting a good deal of snow/rain, or perhaps I am having a flashback to last year - too much LDS in college I guess...<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.