I am trying to find the name of an old movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrianSlee

Many years ago as a child I recall seeing a movie and I can't remeber the name of it.&nbsp; The gist of the movie...It is a post apocolytpic world and the hero has a mechanical hand with digits that are removable....after losing one or more of said digits he goes in search of them to recover the abilities that they confered on him.&nbsp; I know this is pretty thin but its all that I remember since it has been so long.&nbsp;&nbsp; my guess is that it was produced in the late 50's or early 60's since I saw it as a youngin.&nbsp; Any help is appreciated.&nbsp; <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>"I am therefore I think" </p><p>"The only thing "I HAVE TO DO!!" is die, in everything else I have freewill" Brian P. Slee</p> </div>

V

vogon13

<p>That is not&nbsp; a movie, I think it is an episode of Outer Limits.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

V

vogon13

<p> <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2"> <font size="3"><strong>DEMON WITH a GLASS HAND</strong></font></font></p><p> <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2"> </font><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Alien soldiers from the distant future of the Universe invade Earth via a time-mirror. Their mission: capture the last homo sapien to survival a war that�s to occur in the future between Earth and the invaders.The single Earth survivor appears to be normal in all respects save one...His right hand is glass and contains a computer - brain which holds the secret of where the future generations of Earthmen are hiding after the holocaust. But finally assembled, it reveals the true identity of the Last Man of Earth. <br />&nbsp; </font></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

B

BrianSlee

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'> DEMON WITH a GLASS HAND Alien soldiers from the distant future of the Universe invade Earth via a time-mirror. Their mission: capture the last homo sapien to survival a war that�s to occur in the future between Earth and the invaders.The single Earth survivor appears to be normal in all respects save one...His right hand is glass and contains a computer - brain which holds the secret of where the future generations of Earthmen are hiding after the holocaust. But finally assembled, it reveals the true identity of the Last Man of Earth. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; <br />Posted by vogon13</DIV><br /><br />Many many thanks.&nbsp; I have been trying to find this on and off for years ;O) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>"I am therefore I think" </p><p>"The only thing "I HAVE TO DO!!" is die, in everything else I have freewill" Brian P. Slee</p> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'> DEMON WITH a GLASS HAND Alien soldiers from the distant future of the Universe invade Earth via a time-mirror. Their mission: capture the last homo sapien to survival a war that�s to occur in the future between Earth and the invaders.The single Earth survivor appears to be normal in all respects save one...His right hand is glass and contains a computer - brain which holds the secret of where the future generations of Earthmen are hiding after the holocaust. But finally assembled, it reveals the true identity of the Last Man of Earth. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; <br /> Posted by vogon13</DIV></p><p>WOW!</p><p>I read the wiki synopsis for that story.&nbsp; It's awesome!&nbsp; I hope to see it one day. Tks! </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

B

BrianSlee

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>WOW!I read the wiki synopsis for that story.&nbsp; It's awesome!&nbsp; I hope to see it one day. Tks! <br />Posted by a_lost_packet_</DIV><br /><br />I have only seen it once in my life (when I was very young about&nbsp;6 or 7&nbsp;I think) which is surprising since I love SciFi and watch it every chance I get.&nbsp; I am trying to figure out how I have managed to miss reruns of&nbsp;this particular episode for the last 40 years lol. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>"I am therefore I think" </p><p>"The only thing "I HAVE TO DO!!" is die, in everything else I have freewill" Brian P. Slee</p> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I have only seen it once in my life (when I was very young about&nbsp;6 or 7&nbsp;I think) which is surprising since I love SciFi and watch it every chance I get.&nbsp; I am trying to figure out how I have managed to miss reruns of&nbsp;this particular episode for the last 40 years lol. Posted by BrianSlee</DIV></p><p>Heh heh.</p><p>I'm actually stoked about that storyline.&nbsp; It sounds great and with Harlan Ellison writing it, you know it has to be good. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

B

BrianSlee

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Heh heh.I'm actually stoked about that storyline.&nbsp; It sounds great and with Harlan Ellison writing it, you know it has to be good. <br />Posted by a_lost_packet_</DIV><br /><br />From what I remember it was an amazing story.&nbsp; I give it 2 thumbs up....Uh Oh I lost one of my glass thumbs.....Has anyone seen my finger er thumb---- <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>"I am therefore I think" </p><p>"The only thing "I HAVE TO DO!!" is die, in everything else I have freewill" Brian P. Slee</p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Heh heh.I'm actually stoked about that storyline.&nbsp; It sounds great and with Harlan Ellison writing it, you know it has to be good. <br />Posted by a_lost_packet_</DIV><br /><br />Another cosmic coincidence...I just read Harlan's tribute to Sir Clarke at about 4 AM this morning.... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts