i have found summin but i dont know what it is??

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spookymulder

i have just been out using my telescope and have managed to find a small cluster of stars i have no idea what it is but i thought someone with a star chart may be able to help. <br />I can give a rough estimate and altitude and azimuth if it help <br />Azimuth: roughly 230 (south-south west)<br />Altitude: roughly 80-85 (just below the moon) <br />i live in the northen hemisphere in the uk. <br /><br />the time i saw it at those coordinates was roughly 22.55-23.00.

M

MeteorWayne

Yep, that location matches the Pleiades.<br /><br />An image from another thread is here <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

W

weeman

If the stars appeared to be a blueish white, then it was most likely the Pleiades.<br /><br />The Pleiades are a very young cluster of stars. This is why we see such a blue colored spectrum coming from them. Older stars appear very red, like red giants. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><strong><font color="#ff0000">Techies: We do it in the dark. </font></strong></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>"Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.</strong><strong>" -Albert Einstein </strong></font></p> </div>

S

spookymulder

thanks i have recently bought starry night complete space and astronomy pack which also confirmed that it was pliedies. i will consider joining a star party it sounds like fun and i could learn alot from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.