I like what I see so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi DH,

Just to say, I like what I see so far. Already made a couple of posts id M & L without incident & the software so far appears very responsive.

I like it & I think this will rejuvenate the Community. Thumbs up from me anyway.

Andrew Brown.

G

greffterting

i second this. there are a few bugs to get worked out and some links around the site aren't pointed right but overall it is a great improvement

B

bobw

I am wondering if we are actually supposed to be here... I got in through the article comments but the forums at newsarama, live science, and here seem to be officially off.

I don't see any way to upload pictures, just link to ones that are already online. Can't find a way to make a sig line either.

The best part is no more Pluck!!

B

bobw

DH always did her very best for us, so please do not forget that all important fact.
Andrew Brown.

I know. The incredible slowness (for me) of all that javascript has made it so the only threads I have been faithfully reading the last year have been the Spirit and Opportunity ones. Thanks so much for those. The new forums are Fast and Fun again!

BTW, I can't find the Spirit and Opportunity threads in M&L :(

10_stone_5

Looks like it is still in semi-beta test.
I back-doored my way in through user account.
Initially my total count was missing as was my avatar.

B

bobw

10_stone_5":39mpjiml said:
Looks like it is still in semi-beta test.
I back-doored my way in through user account.
Initially my total count was missing as was my avatar.

Nasty Haxsorz!

Deleted posts need a deleted post message. Looks like I'm talking to myself LOL.

V

vogon13

Woof!

So who's crawlspace has the bloody corpse of Pluck stuffed in it ??

B

brandbll

vogon13":1defdvot said:
Woof!

Yeah, i'm not seeing any further mention of Pluck on the website, hopefully they figured out a way to dump those conartists. Imaginova is still on the Pluck website though...

New stuff looks pretty good so far. I'm assuming they're still working out a lot of kinks as stuff is still really slow and extremely inconsistent performance wise. THIS is what we were looking forward to a year ago. Looks like it's back to beta testing for all of us, but at least this time we can see the nice potential on the horizon instead of the doom and gloom days of Pluck. I like how i can view the thread while quoting and replying to someone else's post.

They have the cool little article and video boxes at the bottom. Nice to see imaginova take two steps forward after taking one step backward...

D

doublehelix

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. When you see buggy things, please post them and I can forward them on to the product manager.

bobw, your avatar is just awesome! I do like the larger avatars, personally.

-dh

B

bobw

I was getting so sick of being the last holdout with a cutesie one I was ashamed to post :)

The extra size does open up a lot of possibilities. Thanks for the new forum.

M

MeteorWayne

brandbll":3ha5bcy7 said:
vogon13":3ha5bcy7 said:
Woof!

Yeah, i'm not seeing any further mention of Pluck on the website, hopefully they figured out a way to dump those conartists. Imaginova is still on the Pluck website though...

Note at bottom:

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

S

SpeedFreek

Ahh, finally I can login and post! Up until a few hours ago, every page took ages to load but now things are zipping along.

Looking good, so far!

:D

D

derekmcd

Well now... this is a pleasant surprise. It seems almost, well... professional looking :)

S

summoner

Certainly much better. Kind of weird though, I was shown as being logged in at the top but had to log in seperatly for the forums. Anyway thanks to SDC for listening to their users.

M

Mee_n_Mac

So far, so good. Yesterday all was FUBAR but today it's faster and I can actually login. I seem to be missing my avatar though, we'll see if it shows up in the next day or so. Let me suggest (when time permits) adding Thumbs Up and a Thumbs Down post icons. :ugeek:

One anomaly though, my browser's (IE7 on XP) back button gets me a error and blank page. Something like Internal Server Error. {just happened now with the preview function. I lost some of my input/typing}

FYI - I noted my posting time was off. I fixed by modding my time zone hidden in my profile, forums tab.

D

doublehelix

Mee_n_Mac":i7xe60o0 said:
So far, so good. Yesterday all was FUBAR but today it's faster and I can actually login. I seem to be missing my avatar though, we'll see if it shows up in the next day or so. Let me suggest (when time permits) adding Thumbs Up and a Thumbs Down post icons. :ugeek:

One anomaly though, my browser's (IE7 on XP) back button gets me a error and blank page. Something like Internal Server Error. {just happened now with the preview function. I lost some of my input/typing}

FYI - I noted my posting time was off. I fixed by modding my time zone hidden in my profile, forums tab.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I also get the Internal Server Error. If it persists by Monday, I'll have it logged as a bug. It could be due to the tweaking going on.

My posting time was off, too, and adjusting my own time zone in my profile did the trick! :mrgreen:

-dh

S

SpeedFreek

summoner":3jqdhw6d said:
Kind of weird though, I was shown as being logged in at the top but had to log in seperatly for the forums.

Same here.

Mee_n_Mac":3jqdhw6d said:
I seem to be missing my avatar though, we'll see if it shows up in the next day or so.

Once I was logged in my avatar was missing too and when I looked in my profile it looked like I needed to upload it again (even though the old one was showing at the top). So I uploaded a larger one, and it appeared on my posts!

doublehelix":3jqdhw6d said:
I also get the Internal Server Error. If it persists by Monday, I'll have it logged as a bug. It could be due to the tweaking going on.

-dh

I get an internal server 500 now and again (using Firefox) but a refresh loads the page.

I see there are options in our Profile to choose whether our signature is shown or not, but how do we actually add a signature?

:)

D

derekmcd

Mee_n_Mac":lf11bkkl said:

I get the internal service error as well on my mac with firefox. As for the avatar, I had to reload mine.

Did I somehow miss the announcement that these changes were happening?

S

SpeedFreek

I must have missed it too... when I saw the new software I was :eek:

D

danhezee

Hmmmm i am guessing imaginova and space.com had a one year contract??? :lol: :roll:

This theme looks nice, btw. Very pleasing on the eyes.

D

danhezee

I found a bug. Nothing big but somewhat silly. The join date which is located right under the post count is wrong. Mine and others in this topic say we joined at Tue Nov 30, 1999 5:00 am.

G

greffterting

my favorite so far is my new profile page and the new community page that shows what everyone is doing.

A

adrenalynn

Wow! Scrapped Pluck and went to PHPbb? I take back all the bad things I said.

Ok - most of them. :)

Seriously - nice effort. I'll be tremendously patient as you all finish integrating here. Nice choice.

N

nimbus

Finally :D
My only suggestions: wider text fields (everywhere) and maybe an option for uplink color scheme.

Again, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts