I think the "quote" backround should be a little darker

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smersh

The current colour on the quote background is a very light blue, which seems to me to be a little confusing sometimes when reading posts, as I have to look closely to differentiate between text in a quote and text outside of a quote. Let's just say it doesn't seem to "jump out" as quite as easily as it should. For example:

Smersh":n2qd3k8e said:
The current colour on the quote background is a very light blue, which seems to me to be a little confusing sometimes when reading posts, as I have to look closely to differentiate between text in a quote and text outside of a quote. Let's just say it doesn't seem to "jump out" as quite as easily as it should. For example:

I think this can be even more confusing when there are several quotes in the same post ie:

I think this can be even more confusing when there are several quotes in the same post ie:

(Spurious text outside of quote here) blah blah blah yadda yadda etc etc

However, it's even worse when there are quotes from articles in newspapers, or elsewhere online, where there is no username of who wrote it, for example (quotes taken from Space.com and Live Science):

A fascinating mix of start-ups and success-stories are flying out of the Mojave Air And Space Port. Enterprising pioneers Burt Rutan, Dave Masten, Rick Searfoss and others share their enthusiasm for Mojave.

Credit: Robin Snelson & Chip Proser / Mojave Air & Space Port

(Spurious text outside of quote here) blah blah blah yadda yadda etc etc followed by more spurious text blahdy blahdy blah yadda yadda this is just an example etc etc

Ten newfound species of amphibians — including a frog with spiky skin and three varieties of frogs with transparent skin — have been discovered in the mountains of Colombia.

The new species were found on a recent expedition led by herpetologists from Conservation International and ornithologists from the Ecotrópico Foundation in Colombia's mountainous Tacarcuna area of the Darien, near the border with Panama.

Over a period of three weeks, the scientists identified approximately 60 species of amphibians, 20 reptiles and almost 120 species of birds, many of them apparently found nowhere else in the world.

I think the quote colour should be a little darker so it stands out better. It would also help I think if instead of nothing at all appearing at the top of a quote when no username is mentioned (as in the last two examples from SDC and LS I gave,) the single word "Quote" appeared in the top left hand corner (where "Smersh wrote" appears in my examples.)

Does anyone else here agree with me about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts