If you had 1000$ .... (New Astronomer Questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shawn352

Ok here it goes! <br /><br />I have read and read I Am in Analysis Paralysis. <br /><br />I have a budget of 1000$ <br /><br />I live in Santa Clarita, CA - 1 Hour from Mt. Pinos - 40 Min from the Griffith Observatory <br /><br />I would like to see Messier objects and Planets <br /><br />I would .... don’t shoot me ... Take some Digital Photos with the Scope. <br /><br />And it must be Able to be loaded in a mini van. <br /><br />I would like computer go to <br /><br />My top Candidate is the ETX-125PE with DSI Pro. <br /><br />I was given a ETX-60 as a gift about 3 years ago. I have used it off and on. I can point out most of the alignment stars and find plants and M objects. I am just wanting to see<br />Some division of Saturn’s rings or bands on Jupiter! <br /><br />So any ideas, Advice, *crickets*. <br /><br />Shawn<br />

T

tfwthom

Contact Jim Mahon of The Local Group – Astronomy Club of the Santa Clarita Valley Their next meeting is June 2, 7:30 PM at the Santa Clarita Valley Senior Center. I've observed with Jim and other members of the Local Group over the years. They would be a better option, besides they have 2 extra scope for members to use.<br /><br />Someone in the club might have a scope they are trying to sell and you would get a bigger bang for the buck. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.