India launches Aditya-L1 solar observatory, its 1st-ever sun probe

Aditya L1 Mission
Congratulations to ISRO, and investigators and researchers at URSC, IISC, IIA, IUCAA, others.
We are looking for greater details than earlier missions on study of the Sun.
Coronal Heating is to be understood in terms of the nuclear reactions, electromagnetic forces (plasma and other components of solar wind), and Gravitational attraction.
In Non-equilibrium state of matter macro concepts such as temperature are to be better described in terms of relativistic quantum energy field properties.

Recalling many old astronomy books in Indian Sanskrit literature and books in the US, I would like to briefly recall how my life has had connection with the Sun?
- My own name as gift of Sun
- Participated in studies with NRL on Rockets that looked at UV Spectroscopy of Sun in the 1960's Washington DC while working on Apollo Program.
-Coronagraph images taken from CSM Apollo Missions
-Designed and studied transmission characteristics of Astronauts Helmets for Moon's surface, with Late Dr Bob Hilberg (also colleague at Yale).
- Study of Corona data from Apollo Telescope Mount on Skylab.
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory solar studies as well as IR studies from Frank Low's Lab at Arizona.
- Met Prof S. Chandrasekhar Nobel Laureate, one in whose name NASA Launched Xray Observatory, one of the most knowledgeable Stellar Astrophysicist, also Prof Bethe, during Yale, who knew about solar interior as well as Prof W W Fowler - Nobel, Nucleosynthesis.
- Astrophysicist Dr D S Kothari was mentor White Dwarf stars.
-Bhaskara satellite of India was in a large part conceived and built as the first Remote sensing Satellite of India, for which I formed a team initially with Drs. Kasturirangan (Later Chair ISRO), George Joseph (Later Director SAC) and PS Goel (Later Director ISAC now called URSC).
- Discussed Aditya L1 Mission in somewhat detail with my former colleague Late Prof U R Rao, Former Chair ISRO at ISRO HQ in March 2017 (Photo included).
Thanks.
Ravi
(Dr. Ravi Sharma, Ph.D. USA)
NASA Apollo Achievement Award
Former MTS NASA HQ MSFEB
ISRO Distinguished Service Awards
Former Scientific Secretary ISRO HQ
Ontolog Board of Trustees
Particle and Space Physics
Senior Enterprise Architect
Activate to view larger image,
Image preview

Activate to view larger image,

Thinking further
What factors would play if we were to attempt a model of solar corona nowadays. Please add your thoughts for important omitted factors not listed below:
1. Gravitation modeling in warped Gen Relativity formalism at edge of sun's outer surface using what S Chandrasekhar described as Radiative Transfers in stellar atmospheres and interiors initially and in later years again explained it using Kerr Matrices (21 terms described) in Einstein Commemoration Volume brought out by Dr D S Kothari his colleague at Cavendish Lab and published earlier than 1980's as Chair of Indian National Science Academy (INSA) or further numerical models favored by modern relativistic astrophysicists.
Model assumed to be based on Magnetohydrodynamics and CFD tools more advanced that only turbulent CFD Models.
2. Solar shell models describing not only nucleosynthesis but also acoustic cum atomic plasma and photon creation and annihilation or re-emissions so as to result in 5500 deg K solar disc. This model yo include solar cosmic ray ejecta and nuclear elemental abundance observed in solar cosmic rays.
3. Quantum relativistic and perhaps numeric only models that are suitable for problems such as fusion and plasma containment.
Note: I do not know enough whether Quantum entanglement, Rabi, Rydberg or other Quantum states and effects would be significant.
4. Energy transfer and transportation phenomena astrophysicists model when they learn about difficult boundaries such as Grey and Black Holes and dense gravitational environments.
5. Filter out exotic environments such as Boson and Neutron stars and even off main sequence stars studies.
6. Specifically in context of Aditya L1, the in situ and observed Corona data will help refine above model and further observed Earth Ionosphere data if matched will also improve our understanding of the Sun and perhaps flares and some idea of how sunspots are formed.
Coordinate similarly with other space and ground solar observatories data , and integration approaches.
Please add more factors or suggest removing some.
Regards and Thanks.
Ravi
(Dr. Ravi Sharma, Ph.D. USA)
NASA Apollo Achievement Award
Former MTS NASA HQ MSFEB
ISRO Distinguished Service Awards
Former Scientific Secretary ISRO HQ
Ontolog Board of Trustees
Particle and Space Physics
Senior Enterprise Architect

Last edited:

Latest posts