India on the moon! Chandrayaan-3 becomes 1st probe to land near lunar south pole

CONGRATULATIONS to India and its team.

I watched live, and they made it look easy, but we all know that it is NOT easy.

Really looking forward to the science results over the next couple of weeks. Hoping they do find real water ice in those shadows.

Also wondering if the landers can actually survive the night, even though they are not designed to do so. That would also be great news, maybe more than doubling the data acquired.

I was a little disappointed that so much of the live coverage had so little of the video transmission from the lander of the actual touch-down sequence. Half the screen was showing Indian President Modi, and the other half had some of the control room screens, with the lander video being a small part that was not always visible. But, I understand how important this is for India as a nation and as a member of the international community.

I hope that India will release the whole sequence of the video of the touchdown cameras, and that Space.com will make it available to us, here.

Congratulations Team ISRO and collaborators e.g. ESA.
I have worked as Scientific Secretary ISRO HQ and also earlier worked for the Apollo Program.
This is great achievement as this is third mission and first successful landing.
Lander photos and the rover coming out are now available.
I also published an Op Ed Expert voices on Chandrayaan-2 in Space.com Jan-Feb 2020.

Thanks.
Ravi
(Dr. Ravi Sharma, Ph.D. USA)
NASA Apollo Achievement Award
ISRO Distinguished Service Awards
Ontolog Board of Trustees
Particle and Space Physics
Senior Enterprise Architect

We can not shy away from reality because we are not Ostriches!:):):)

A Perspective on Space Collaboration through My Own life examples
List is to illustrate How One’s life can be influenced or can influence others globally over the decades?

NASA (ISS and Apollo-Soyuz) and ISRO (Aryabhata, Bhaskara) have Been helped in past By Soviet (Russian) space collaborations. NASA has Helped ISRO since early 1960’s (Sounding rockets, ATS for SITE Rural Direct TV) and INSAT Manufacture, etc., continuing sharing of payloads and now Artemis Accord.
Thanks.
Ravi
(Dr. Ravi Sharma, Ph.D. USA)
NASA Apollo Achievement Award
ISRO Distinguished Service Awards
Ontolog Board of Trustees
Particle and Space Physics
Senior Enterprise Architect