Inside a black hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alokmohan

See inside black hole.<br />What is inside a black hole?<br />How can we know, and why should we care? No signal can ever emerge from the hole to tell us answer. No intrepid explorer who might enter the hole to find out can ever come back and tell us, or ever transmit the answer to us. Whatever may be in the hole's core can never reach out and influence our Universe in any way.<br />Human curiosity is hardly satisfied by such replies. Especially not when we have tools that can tell us the answer: the laws of physics.<br />John Archibald Wheeler taught us the importance of the quest to understand a back hole's core. In the 1950s he posed "the issue of the final state" of gravitational impolsion as holy grail for theoretical physics, one that might teach us details of the "fiery marriage" of general relativity with quantum mechanics. When J. Robert Oppenheimer insisted that the final state is hidden from view by a horizon, Wheeler resisted (Chapter - 6) - not least, I suspect, because of his anguish at losing the possibility to see the fiery marriage in action from outside the horizon. From Kip Thorne

N

newtonian

alokmohan - Do you have a link on this?<br /><br />What is gravitational impolsion(sp?)?<br /><br />Please explain what you are referring to as 'marriage of quantum mechanics with relativity.<br /><br />Also, black holes help us determine whether tachyons exist, and also whether faster than light forms of energy exist as a result of interactions of ordinary matter and energy within the event horizon of a black hole.<br /><br />Wouldm't tachyons achieve escape velocity from the event horizon?<br /><br />If dark energy propagates faster than light, then couldn't dark energy escape the event horizon?<br /><br />Black holes provide a wonderful opportunity to try to observe exotic forms of matter and energy since ordinary matter and energy cannot escape the event horizon - it also tests such hypotheses as evaporation of matter fronm a black hole, as in Hawking's hypothesis. <br /><br />[Note: As of now we cannot directly observe exotic forms of matter and energy, i.e. exotic dark matter and dark energy. However, we can observe the effects, according to cause and effect.]

M

MeteorWayne

alokmohan,<br /><br />When you are quoting articles from other sources, you should be including a link to protect the copyright of the material. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

A

alokmohan

I am very happy that you have raised this questions,means you have applied your mind.All I can gate is that laws of relativity fail to predict what is in a black hole . You require new physics.Kip thorne has given hints .I shall post it later.As for tachyons it is theorical possibility.

A

alokmohan

I also think if we go inside black hole,theoritically.what may happen.You throw a man in .Larger the hole longer he survives.so for maximumum longitivity let the hole be among one of the largest at core of 10 billion solar masses of quasar.Then the falling astronaut crosses the horizon and enters the hole about 20 hours before his final death.But as he enters he is still too far fron the singularity to feel its tidal gravity.As he continues to fall faster and faster,coming closer and closer to the singularity the tidal gravity goes stronger and stronger until just one second before he reaches singularity,the tidal gravity grows so strong that his he begins to feel it stretching its feet and head apart and sqeezing him from the sides .AT FIRST THE STRTCH AND SQEEZE IS MILDLY ANNOYING.but they continue to grow his bone and flesh can no longer resist.Hi body comes apart and he dies.In the last hundreds of second the stretch and sqeeze go on mounting his body gets extremely distended and he merges with and part of singularity.

Q

qso1

If this is a quote from an article, please post the link and credit the author. If you wrote it, its very good. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

A

alokmohan

It is page of a book on black hole written by Kip Thorne.I add few more lines.It is utterly impossible for the astronaut to move on through the singularity and come out the other side becuse ,according o general relativity there is no other side.Space ,time and spacetime cease to exist at the singularity.The singularity is a sharp edge ,much like the edge f a sheet of paper.There vis no paper beyond its edge,there is no spacetime beyond the singularity.But there the similarity ends.An ant on the paper can go right upto the edge and then back away,but nothing can back away from the singulrity;all astronauts,particles ,waves,what ever that hit are instantaneusly destroyed,according to Einsteins general relativistic laws......I s there any way out for the astronaut to escape this infinite stretch and squeeze?No ,not after he has crossed the horizon.Every where in side the horizon acoording to equations,gravity is so strong that (spacetime is so strongly warped )that time itself (every ones time )flows into the singularity.Since the astronaut ,like any one else must move inexorably forward in time,he is driven with the flow of time into singularity.No matter what he does,no matter how he blasts his rocket engines,he cannot avoid the singularitys infinite stretch and squeeze.

A

alokmohan

Where could the star go if it explodes?It surely could not explode back through the holes horizon.Einsteins laws of gravity forbids anything tio(except virtual particles)to fly out of the horizon.The star might mange to explode into some other region of our universe,or even into another universe.

Q

qso1

alokmohan:<br />It is page of a book on black hole written by Kip Thorne.<br /><br />Me:<br />I'd even go so far as to say an astronaut could not stand up to the theoretically intense gravity anywhere near a black hole, to say nothing of the singularity. However, I use the term theoretical because we have not actually observed a black hole. But they probably do exist as there is plenty of evidence for them.<br /><br />I recall a term for astronauts headed into a black hole. It was called spaghettification which basically means the astronaut is shreaded into thin spaghetti like strands well before reaching the singularity...in effect, dead astronaut. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

A

alokmohan

If the black hole is large,a man on event horizon will be far from center and tidal force is less.We are experiencing tidal force of moon daily,albeit small.Accidentally I got news of movie ,wording Kip.<br /> Interstellar <br />Directed by Steven Spielberg <br />Produced by Steven Spielberg<br />Lynda Obst <br />Written by Kip Thorne <br />Distributed by Paramount Pictures <br />Release date(s) TBA <br />Language English <br />IMDb profile <br />Interstellar is an upcoming science fiction film to be produced and directed by Steven Spielberg. The movie, described by Spielberg to be a cerebral sci-fi film, will be themed on wormholes. A release date for Interstellar has not been officially announced yet.<br /><br /><br />Background<br />In June 2006, Paramount Pictures announced its goal to develop a space travel story with director Steven Spielberg about "a group of explorers who travel through a worm hole and into another dimension". The script would be based on a treatment by Caltech physicist Kip Thorne, who has studied the possibility of traversable wormholes.[1]<br /><br />In a July 2006 interview, Spielberg stated that his growing interest in science drew him to the project. His father had been an amateur astrophysicist, which influenced Spielberg's interest in science. In the interview, the director also confirmed that Kip Thorne was providing a detailed treatment for the project produced by Lynda Obst.[2] In October 2006, Obst enlisted the assistance of Saskia Young as vice president of development of Lynda Obst Productions to work on the film Interstellar.[3]<br /><br />

A

alokmohan

One robot named Arnold went inside a black hole in Kips story.But he could not tell us much as he merged with the black hole soon.

L

lukman

Silly question, strong gravity makes fusion, stronger gravity, only neutron exist. If infinitely strong gravity like black hole, what happen to all matters inside? what are they turned into? thanks for the explanation. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

alokmohan

Robot arnold went inside black hole in a story.Now tidal gravity is very chaotic inside black hole.So it breaks in all directions.

A

alokmohan

tidal gravity is very important.On earth we have a taste of high tide and low tide.On earth leg is pushed slightly less than head.But we donot notice it.Because earths gravity is small.But when we are in region of big gravity.your body keeps on stretching until you are torn off,

A

alokmohan

Falling in a black hole is interesting mental exercise.We also learn of physics inside a black hole obeys law of quantum gravity.Newton,einstein fails inside a black hole.

A

alokmohan

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A giant black hole displaying horrifying table manners has been caught in the act of guzzling a star in a galaxy 4 billion light-years away, scientists using an orbiting NASA telescope said on Tuesday. <br /><br />ADVERTISEMENT<br /> <br />For the past two years, scientists have monitored the dramatic events as the star, residing in a galaxy in the Bootes constellation, was ripped apart by the black hole.<br /><br />Scientists used NASA's Galaxy Evolution Explorer, an orbiting telescope sensitive to two bands of ultraviolet wave lengths, to detect an ultraviolet flare coming from the center of a remote elliptical galaxy.<br /><br />"This ultraviolet flare was from a star literally being ripped apart and swallowed by the black hole," Suvi Gezari of the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena and lead author of the paper describing the findings in Astrophysical Journal Letters, said in an interview.<br /><br />"This is the first time that we've actually been able to monitor the flare of radiation from such an event in detail. Only once every 10,000 years will a star pass close enough to a (galaxy's) central black hole to be ripped apart and swallowed in this manner," Gezari said.<br /><br />The scientists hope the findings will give them a better understanding of black holes, objects whose gravity is so powerful even light cannot escape.<br /><br />It is believed that super-massive black holes are located at the core of every galaxy. For example, Gezari said, the Milky Way galaxy in which our solar system resides has a dormant super-massive black hole at its center.<br /><br />Scientists said in this case the unfortunate star strayed a bit too close to the black hole deep inside the galaxy, and was mutilated by the force of its gravity. They believe that parts of the star swirled around and then plunged into the black hole, which sent out the bright ultraviolet flare that the satellite detected.<br /><br />Scientists continue to use the telescope to

N

newtron

I like to think that matter takes on new properties at this level of gravity.<br /><br />That maybe a new form of atomic particles (if atomic at all) is "created" within or around the singularity.<br /><br />"Black Hole Particles" if you will.<br /><br />Just some two cents (or nonsense).

A

alokmohan

No new particles.Black hole has very strong gravity.Escape speed on event horizon is speed of light.So any thing near the event horizon will be pulled in.But you cannot escape.The poor star will be infinitely stretched and infinitely sqeezed.It will be part of singularity.Never be close to event horizon,black hole gobbles you up.

A

alokmohan

Nothig called black hole particle.nothing nonsense.Singulariy iS THE BLACK HOLE.pLAESE TRY TO READ SINGULRITY AND YOU FIND SO MANY NEW THINGS.

N

newtron

<i>Nothig called black hole particle.nothing nonsense.Singulariy iS THE BLACK HOLE.pLAESE TRY TO READ SINGULRITY AND YOU FIND SO MANY NEW THINGS.</i><br /><br />Firstly: I wasn't trying to pass off my "theory" as fact here. It was just a passing thought.<br /><br />Secondly: I'm aware of the basic info and physics on black holes.<br /><br />Thirdly: The physics involving black holes only goes so far. Until we some how find a way to probe beyond the event horizon (theoretically impossible), information is speculative.<br /><br />Fourthly: I stumbled upon an interesting wikipedia article pertaining to the alternative of a black hole<br /><br />a "dark energy star": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_energy_star

A

alokmohan

I have gone through through the wiki article.On the web page it self caution is given that expert opinion is required.We better check up.Can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.