Question Is it only me, or does the solar system and the atoms seem similar?

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
May 15, 2022
No. They are not. I remember an old science-fiction tale of the 1940s or 1950s, that the good Dr. Asimov collected in one of his early compilations about the “golden age of science-fiction”. In it, this point of view was explored via a dramatic narration, wherein an astronaut had the ability to grow (as a side effect of relativity or something) and became a part of a higher-size universe, where ours has been nothing more than the exhalation of an alien. The good Doctor itself commented in his annotations to the tale that the view was very problematic, mainly due to the fact that almost no molecular structure could be explained with our data (at the time, which was the 1970s) about near galaxies.
Thank you very much for this question. I am going to pick up that old book from my library, read the tale again, and think about this matter, which has been “dormant” for me for more than 30 years.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts