Is the Big Bang a Big Joke?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlackHoleAndromeda

I have heard a lot of news about the BBT. For one, there are people that say that there is NO way we can possibly go that far back in time no matter how advanced our technology simply because there isn't enough proof to conclude that there was a time of nothing before space. Then, I heard that our measurements (and yes I said our because I am going to be an Astronomer/Astrophysicist) may not be as accurate as they should be to make a concrete age for the universe, so our perception may be completley off even now.

My opinion is that the Big Bang makes more sense than any other universal-theory I have heard. If the early universe was nothing but gas, then galaxies are the remains of the Big Bang. Most galaxies are gas and dust, so doesn't it make sense? The only thing(s) that rattle me about the BBT is the BlackHole-Galaxy connection and the Before The Beginning puzzle. But I'm sure that we will find answers to those puzzles in the next 50 years, when technology advances.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Z

ZenGalacticore

No. You're not the only one who thinks this way. Although our measurments of the age of the Universe are better now than they ever were, there's always room for improvement.

And even the most adamant arch-foes of the BBT who clung to the Steady State theory have had to concede the apparent validity of the former, and admit defeat.

You know, even Einstein for a good while rejected the expanding Universe theory that his own equations revealed! He even came out publically against it. Years later, when observations and measurements kept confirming the BB, he said his public rejection of the theory was the dumbest thing he had ever done.

Many astronomers and cosmologists hated the BB theory because it implies a "creation". They much preferred the eternal "Steady State" idea of a non-changing Cosmos. Many still don't like the idea of a "moment" of creation, and so are trying to figure out what caused the "Bang" and what happened "before" it.

M

MeteorWayne

The evidence for the Big Bang is overwhelming, though since we weren't there we can never be 100% sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts