Is the universe still making new galaxies?

Jul 13, 2024
Visit site
I get that we don't really know anything about any of it, but how can the answer possibly be no? We are here because galaxies form. What a wild coincidence that now that we are here they've just stopped?

Dec 25, 2023
Visit site
I get that we don't really know anything about any of it, but how can the answer possibly be no? We are here because galaxies form. What a wild coincidence that now that we are here they've just stopped?
That isn’t exactly what he said. He didn’t say that galaxies stopped forming recently. Our solar system only formed 4.5 billion years ago and he is saying that galaxies basically stopped forming more than 13.5 billion years ago. So there is no coincidence. There is exactly the same amount of matter in the universe now as there was 13.8 billion years ago

Reactions: DylanD
Jul 13, 2024
Visit site
That isn’t exactly what he said. He didn’t say that galaxies stopped forming recently. Our solar system only formed 4.5 billion years ago and he is saying that galaxies basically stopped forming more than 13.5 billion years ago. So there is no coincidence. There is exactly the same amount of matter in the universe now as there was 13.8 billion years ago
I mean you can't know there's exactly the same amount of matter of course, but if I run with that, it is really interesting to ponder.

ZZTOP

BANNED
Aug 6, 2024
Visit site
I mean you can't know there's exactly the same amount of matter of course, but if I run with that, it is really interesting to ponder.
There will be at least one new galaxy in 4 to 5 billion years after Andromeda and the Milky way collide, which will cause immense destruction and creation at the same time