Is there a pattern to the universe?

"So, while the universe as a whole isn't a fractal — and Mandelbrot's idea didn't hold up — we can still find fractals almost everywhere we look."

This view of the universe in cosmology is needed it seems. If fractal patterns combined with various constants like the Cosmological Constant, G, C, etc. could make explaining the origin of the universe via nature at work via random events - more difficult.

Reactions: Connor
"So, while the universe as a whole isn't a fractal — and Mandelbrot's idea didn't hold up — we can still find fractals almost everywhere we look."

This view of the universe in cosmology is needed it seems. If fractal patterns combined with various constants like the Cosmological Constant, G, C, etc. could make explaining the origin of the universe via nature at work via random events - more difficult.
I don't understand what you mean, is it possible to clarify please rod :)

Post #3. I like these six questions for investigative reporting. Who, what, when, where, how, and why. Physical constants that describe how nature works and math patterns found in nature is challenging to explain in origins science teaching based upon naturalism. The naturalism worldview cannot allow any evidence for intelligent design and purpose seen in the origin of the universe, thus the *creator* must always be time and chance, no matter how many physical constants are found or math patterns observed in nature.

Reactions: David-J-Franks
Post #3. I like these six questions for investigative reporting. Who, what, when, where, how, and why. Physical constants that describe how nature works and math patterns found in nature is challenging to explain in origins science teaching based upon naturalism. The naturalism worldview cannot allow any evidence for intelligent design and purpose seen in the origin of the universe, thus the *creator* must always be time and chance, no matter how many physical constants are found or math patterns observed in nature.
I think I just about get it, but why did you feel the need in the first place to explain that it is difficult for naturalism to explain the origin when the article didn't even suggest any kind of intelligent design or anything like that. (Or maybe I don't get it) :)

Also why does having pattern make things difficult to explain after all even a simple snowflake is a pattern, you can't get much more natural than that :)

Last edited:
Reactions: rod
Afterthought, if there weren't any patterns or constants, there would just be random chaos everywhere, and there wouldn't be anything to explain at all. :)

Reactions: rod

Latest posts