Is this a Lunar base or an evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
I have sighted this strange structure resembling four blades of a fan or propeller on the South Pole of the Moon from LROC imagery. The four symmetrical fan blade like structures coming out from the centre of the structure give it the shape of a propeller fan. The margins of the blades of this dark structure are so sharp and straight and equally spaced out that it clearly appears to be a man made structure. However, the size of this structure is so large that it cannot be the part or shadow of a lunar orbiter or a satellite. It is intriguing how this shape has been carved on the Lunar surface. If it is indeed a man made structure, could it be some sort of Lunar Base established clandestinely by some country? Could this be a sophisticated military or nuclear installation constructed secretly by some country? This is a genuine screenshot image of lunar surface from the LROC website without any image manipulation. Any guesses or suggestions to help me solve this mystery are welcome.
View: https://twitter.com/Harimohansaxena/status/1332709993221558274?s=20
Images

Reactions: Sri Barry Phillips
Nov 3, 2020
Visit site
Well, it's problematic to build a base on the moon on the sly, because everyone knows about all the rocket launches that take place in the world. If not all, then many. And even about flying to the moon on the sly, delivering there an insane amount of components to build something - it is simply impossible to do this on the sly. Besides, it is very expensive financially. I do not know which country can have such funds at the moment to do such a project quietly and unnoticed.

Post #1 and #4 lacks verification. I checked MS BING for south pole images, nothing like what is reported in this discussion. Here is another URL, https://www.lpi.usra.edu/lunar/lunar-south-pole-atlas/

Such claims need to meet the same standards of scientific verification as Galileo telescope observations of the Galilean moons moving around Jupiter did. The heliocentric solar system had to present *necessary demonstration* to show the model was correct. The same for stellar parallax measurements, e.g. 61 Cygni in 1838 and follow up observations of the stellar parallax, even recently. 'Resolving long-standing mysteries about the first parallaxes in astronomy', https://phys.org/news/2020-11-long-standing-mysteries-parallaxes-astronomy.html

LRO mission has been at the Moon since 15-Sep-2009. Some simple questions. Who? What? When? Where? How? Why?

Start with When. When did LROC take this image and Where is the official archive image stored at?

However, my point here is simple. I see many claims presented on space.com Forums, few if any meet rigorous scientific standards of verification - my opinion.

Reactions: COLGeek

COLGeek

This appears to be a coincidental pattern, one where the viewer sees what he wants to see and nothing more.

It would be incredible to be "proven" wrong, but that is very unlikely.

Something like this would be widely viewed and discussed on a global scale. It could not be hidden from the public. Just something to consider.

I saw this (fan) but it is not that what the vision may can guise. It is to do with early geological formation of the moon when some parts of the moon were still loose or may be still in a milting conditions. while the moon was rotating this huge particles were rotating in the same direction. So they took their shape in this way, thus looked like a fan.

Dec 10, 2020
Visit site
If the theory says it's true, it may be honestly no evidence of that whatever. It's soon New year, we say that the Lunar base has an ordinary extraterriestrial life in the honestly none. I might be seeing some truth there, but extra life on the moon might sum up the sincerely nothing in a bit of living proof.

Nov 3, 2020
Visit site
I saw this (fan) but it is not that what the vision may can guise. It is to do with early geological formation of the moon when some parts of the moon were still loose or may be still in a milting conditions. while the moon was rotating this huge particles were rotating in the same direction. So they took their shape in this way, thus looked like a fan.

I agree with you. These are natural formations. We do not know the nature and laws of all processes that occur on the moon. We know about something, but something for us is beyond our knowledge.

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
The screenshot image has been enhanced for contrast only to get a clear picture and the thermal image effect has been applied for better differentiation of different features of the lunar surface vis a vis the strange structure. The image has not been "doctored". Any one can see the original directly on the LROC imagery currently displayed on the LROC website from where the screenshot has been taken.

COLGeek

The screenshot image has been enhanced for contrast only to get a clear picture and the thermal image effect has been applied for better differentiation of different features of the lunar surface vis a vis the strange structure. The image has not been "doctored". Any one can see the original directly on the LROC imagery currently displayed on the LROC website from where the screenshot has been taken.
Please post a link of the exact source that you are referring to. That way members can assess your findings consistently.

I have sighted this strange structure resembling four blades of a fan or propeller on the South Pole of the Moon from LROC imagery. The four symmetrical fan blade like structures coming out from the centre of the structure give it the shape of a propeller fan. The margins of the blades of this dark structure are so sharp and straight and equally spaced out that it clearly appears to be a man made structure. However, the size of this structure is so large that it cannot be the part or shadow of a lunar orbiter or a satellite. It is intriguing how this shape has been carved on the Lunar surface. If it is indeed a man made structure, could it be some sort of Lunar Base established clandestinely by some country? Could this be a sophisticated military or nuclear installation constructed secretly by some country? This is a genuine screenshot image of lunar surface from the LROC website without any image manipulation. Any guesses or suggestions to help me solve this mystery are welcome.
Images
I have no doubt there's an anomaly here. After learning there's 17 levels above top secret, I'm sure those sworn to non-disclosure could really enlighten us. Good catch. Once I acquire a few more lenses, I plan to make more videos of the moon. There's a lot of activity up there.

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
The screenshot at post no. 4 clearly shows that it is an authentic LROC image. It takes a lot of time in downloading if the internet speed is slow and RAM is less. So more patience is needed. The source of the screenshot, the LROC imagery is available at: https://www.lroc.asu.edu/. One can get different images of the same site using the options of different layers and different views available at the site.
Anyone interested in collaboration can get further details by email from <<Email address removed by moderator. Communicate this information via PM only.>>

Last edited by a moderator:

COLGeek

The screenshot at post no. 4 clearly shows that it is an authentic LROC image. It takes a lot of time in downloading if the internet speed is slow and RAM is less. So more patience is needed. The source of the screenshot, the LROC imagery is available at: https://www.lroc.asu.edu/. One can get different images of the same site using the options of different layers and different views available at the site.
Anyone interested in collaboration can get further details by email from <<Email address removed by moderator. Communicate this information via PM only.>>
Without references, it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Thanks.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Without knowing the scale or nature of the radiation portrayed my nearest guess would be a large crater with concentric rings and central peak represented in a particular way.

For example see:
Topography and Relatively Flat Areas of the Moon’s South Polar Ridge
Clementine South Pole Mosaic

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
Since the investigations to establish the exact nature and identity of this structure may take indefinite time, I suggest that we keep our minds open to all the possible explanations for this structure / phenomenon. I propose the tentative name of this structure for reference purpose to be "HMS281120" based on the date on which I first observed and reported it.

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site

COLGeek

A 3D visualization of the strange fan like structure on the South Pole of the Moon (HMS281120) using a combination of filters by Jag Mohan Saxena of Bikaner reveals its incredible details and indicates that it is possibly a man made structure and not a natural phenomenon, parallex or illusion.
Images of HMS281120
View: https://twitter.com/Harimohansaxena/status/1339854982338596866?s=20
This is an incredibly bold claim. Please provide the exact filter settings and any other information that would allow others to replicate what you assume is there.

Reactions: Meistro
Dec 16, 2020
Visit site
Images
It looks like a seam from the result of photo stitching to me. On your Twitter post you can see a seam originating on your target and traveling to the south east of the photo. Near the center you can see "focal smear". I'm sure there's a real term for what I am describing. I can see the same not so perfect image stitching on many moon images. The terabyte Gigapan of the moon has stitching effects too when panning around.

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
It looks like a seam from the result of photo stitching to me. On your Twitter post you can see a seam originating on your target and traveling to the south east of the photo. Near the center you can see "focal smear". I'm sure there's a real term for what I am describing. I can see the same not so perfect image stitching on many moon images. The terabyte Gigapan of the moon has stitching effects too when panning around.
There is no image stitching in the photos posted by me. The seam appears when the image is not completely downloaded and stabilized. Once the image is completely downloaded and stabilized, there is no seam. Due to huge amount of data, it takes time to download the image, particularly with slow speed of internet, slow processor or low capacity RAM. The photos posted are genuine screen shots from LROC imagery. I am sure the LROC experts will agree with me. Forensic experts are welcome to examine the images.

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
Exactly. A search for "HMS281120" at LROC turns up empty. Heck, search Google for HMS281120 and that Twitter post is the only thing found. Can you share coordinates?
The structure is visible superimposed on a small crater adjacent to the Shackleton crater on the South pole of the Moon in its 3D global view after applying some filters (layers) available on the LROC menu itself.

Dec 16, 2020
Visit site
The structure is visible superimposed on a small crater adjacent to the Shackleton crater on the South pole of the Moon in its 3D global view after applying some filters (layers) available on the LROC menu itself.
What filters did you apply? I would like to reproduce what you see. My workstation was designed for this type of abuse and my internet speeds are fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts