Question Is this image of Mars real?

Sep 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I am new here, so it might just seem silly! I was recently looking through images on gigapan.com and this image of mars kind of caught my attention. At first, it didnt' look like much or anything, and I didnt' really get the point of the person posting it... But then I kind of did see some faces, and perhaps a snake, but it gave me a sense of abstract art, you see what you want to see... then I thought, is this a joke or is it a NASA image?

Knicks

Reactions: serhiy1635
Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I am new here, so it might just seem silly! I was recently looking through images on gigapan.com and this image of mars kind of caught my attention. At first, it didnt' look like much or anything, and I didnt' really get the point of the person posting it... But then I kind of did see some faces, and perhaps a snake, but it gave me a sense of abstract art, you see what you want to see... then I thought, is this a joke or is it a NASA image?

This is the region of Cydonia of Mars, home of the infamous "Face on Mars." The easy answer is pareidolia, which is the favored response of skeptics who haven't actually looked at the evidence for artificiality. The reason Cydonia has been of such intense interest over the past 30 years is that there appear to be relationships between the oddly shaped objects, as well as unlikely geometries within certain land forms.

You can see the multiple peer reviewed papers on these land forms, and the arguments in favor of them being artificial, at the Society for Plantary SETI Research web site.

The unfortunate early dismissal and documented multiple lies of various NASA spokesman contributed to the conspiratorial aspect of the Cydonia saga. See the two books The McDaniel Report and The Case for the Face for more details.

Reactions: Ed Stauffer
Sep 23, 2020
Visit site
This is the region of Cydonia of Mars, home of the infamous "Face on Mars." The easy answer is pareidolia, which is the favored response of skeptics who haven't actually looked at the evidence for artificiality. The reason Cydonia has been of such intense interest over the past 30 years is that there appear to be relationships between the oddly shaped objects, as well as unlikely geometries within certain land forms.

You can see the multiple peer reviewed papers on these land forms, and the arguments in favor of them being artificial, at the Society for Plantary SETI Research web site.

The unfortunate early dismissal and documented multiple lies of various NASA spokesman contributed to the conspiratorial aspect of the Cydonia saga. See the two books The McDaniel Report and The Case for the Face for more details.

Hi, Thank you for the information and link!

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site

Knicks
I assume it might be not a fake. We have already seen a lot of pics from NASA from Mars. They don`t have a need to make fake news or fake pics)
However, only NASA knows if it is real or not))

Latest posts