Question Is time stopped for something that is inside the Event Horizon?

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
You might know that an object that goes inside the Event Horizon of a black hole is stopped in our point of view, due to General Theory of Relativity by Einstein. But, my question is that, if we apply Relativity to it, is the opposite also true? I mean, for an object that is inside the Event Horizon of a black hole, will an object that is outside of the Event Horizon will appear stopped outside in time? Please answer.
BlackHoleEventHorizon_web_1024.jpg

Wolfshadw

I would propose that if somehow, a person/object could manage to survive passing through the event horizon of a black hole, then that person/object would then exist outside of space-time and all of space-time would be instantaneously observable.

-Wolf sends

IG2007

I would propose that if somehow, a person/object could manage to survive passing through the event horizon of a black hole, then that person/object would then exist outside of space-time and all of space-time would be instantaneously observable.

-Wolf sends
I don't understand what you mean to say. Please elaborate.

Reactions: Catastrophe

Wolfshadw

I don't understand what you mean to say. Please elaborate.

Well, I'm not a scientist so I'll try.

Everything we observe. Everything we (think) we know, exists within Space-Time. I propose that the event horizons of black holes are boundaries of Space-Time. If you were to somehow manage to pass that boundary, you would exist outside of Space-Time. At that point either all of Space and Time would be observable (but I doubt our human brains could comprehend it all), or all of Space-Time would be locked away from us and it's a lock. You're frozen outside of space-time. No consciousness, no awareness, nothing. An eternal, dreamless sleep.

-Wolf sends

Surprisingly it is hypothetically possible for someone, foolishly, to enter somewhat safely past the EH (Even Horizon). This is only true for supermassive black holes where the gravitational gradient is tolerable versus the gradient of a small black hole, which causes "spaghettification".

I'm not qualified to address the complicated relativistic effects but my guess is that the light from outside the EH would be too feeble to "see". One way to address how bright something appears is by counting the number of photons the eye sees in, say, one second. The faster you move away from an object the fewer photons per second one will receive, thus they appear dimmer. They are also redshifted. So at the speed one enters the EH, I think both of these factors will minimize any real observation of the outside. How spacetime alters their path and other relativistic effects will make this even more complicated, I suspect.

IG2007

Ok, suppose I make an extremely powerful gravitational field like a blackhole and destroy it within a trillionth of a second and destroy it within the same time and continue to do so. I know that, up to now, it's not possible by any device, but I am just asking a theoretical question. So, what would happen? @Helio

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
As you know, Cat has had a bad knock on the head in the same place that, 7 years ago, caused a life threatening subdural haematoma (look it up). He had more than 3 weeks in hospital and still has the indents where 2 holes were drilled through his skull to relieve the blood build up in his brain. Rightly, I (on his behalf) reported this new knock on 111 qnd he was rushed to hospital for tests. These tests are looking good (no signs of renewed haematoma yet) but he has been told to rest and take it easy.
He thanks COLGeek for explaining this to you.
As you might have gathered, I am very close to Cat, and I am pleased to tell you that he is feeling better by the day and sends you his best wishes and thanks.
End MESSAGE
Leonora

Reactions: COLGeek

COLGeek

As you know, Cat has had a bad knock on the head in the same place that, 7 years ago, caused a life threatening subdural haematoma (look it up). He had more than 3 weeks in hospital and still has the indents where 2 holes were drilled through his skull to relieve the blood build up in his brain. Rightly, I (on his behalf) reported this new knock on 111 qnd he was rushed to hospital for tests. These tests are looking good (no signs of renewed haematoma yet) but he has been told to rest and take it easy.
He thanks COLGeek for explaining this to you.
As you might have gathered, I am very close to Cat, and I am pleased to tell you that he is feeling better by the day and sends you his best wishes and thanks.
End MESSAGE
Leonora
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. We miss our resident sage.

IG2007

Resident sage . . . . . . I am blushing!
Anyway, sorry to inform you, I seem to be back.

I would propose that if somehow, a person/object could manage to survive passing through the event horizon of a black hole, then . . . . . . . . .

Oooops . . . . . . . . . seems it stopped at the if
Please at my latest post, sir. I hope you are fine, sir and hope you have a much longer life. We need people like you.

Latest posts