Isn't it amazing? Just our very existence is a miracle

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GreenAce92

I just got done reading about the Van Allen belt which is trapped by Earth's magnetic field.

I am just so amazed at how, things just naturally work but in such a complex almost perfect way! I mean it's like, it was meant to be!

You couldn't like "throw a rock into space" and expect it to "form a magnetic field" create atmosphere, support life etc....

It's just the way that things work, to me is just amazing. The whole belt system being split into two parts, trapped by the magnetic field, and astronauts having to go through it, it's mind boggling.

S

Solifugae

"Work" is just a perception caused by familiarity and purposed utility. We have a certain expectation of a car to take us from A to B and so it fulfills that task (most of the time), but a car that just sits there might be an electric generator or something else. For the universe, the cosmic ballet "works" because we are not dead, but that's not particular astounding, since if it didn't we wouldn't be here to talk about it.

It's beautiful, but I don't find myself incredulous at it.

A

a_lost_packet_

GreenAce92":16hdv0xd said:
I just got done reading about the Van Allen belt which is trapped by Earth's magnetic field.

I am just so amazed at how, things just naturally work but in such a complex almost perfect way! I mean it's like, it was meant to be!

You couldn't like "throw a rock into space" and expect it to "form a magnetic field" create atmosphere, support life etc....

It's just the way that things work, to me is just amazing. The whole belt system being split into two parts, trapped by the magnetic field, and astronauts having to go through it, it's mind boggling.

The thing is, if we discovered a planet like Earth, it would be more amazing if life hadn't formed on it. :) Earth is "just that suitable" for life. It'd be like discovering a refrigerator somewhere in the United States that doesn't have a bottle of ketchup in it...

We have to be careful about getting a "Goldilocks" view of Earth. Is it just "perfect for life" and must be purpose built or is it the fact that we're not looking at it in the right perspective? After all, where else would we have originated if not on an Earth?

But, whatever the Ultimate Answer is I am also amazed at our own existence and the fact that so many things work in synchronicity to provide a Universe that is fit for life. One small detail, one misplaced decimal point somewhere and the Universe we know would not exist nor would it be capable of supporting life as we understand it.

So, yeah, it's pretty amazing. :)

G

Gravity_Ray

GreenAce92":huhmzxmm said:

And God saw that it was good.
Genesis, 1. 10

F

Floridian

GreenAce92":14susr6i said:

Indeed my friend, it is quite amazing. Except a bunch of defensive/negative responses from agnostics/atheists/people who think they know everything. Don't worry about them, they have an a priori philosophical preference for a closed materialistic universe.

They choose to either ignore all of the special conditions that allow life on Earth, or attempt to dull them down and insult your intelligence for pointing them out. Or of course, my favorite, there's infinite planets out there so it had to happen somewhere.

C

chfireball

If there is intelligent life on other planet's there probably saying the same thing. :roll:

G

GreenAce92

I personally like and sort of "root" the idea of "advanced ancient astronauts" or the concept that an alien species or something/someone in the past "seeded" us. Or perhaps that Mars was the Earth back then, and we got lucky enough to send a few here... and start it over etc...

These cave drawings of "ancient astronauts" around the world being similar and resembling the same concept, it's really quite intriguing. Get's the mind going. :D

C

cav420

The universe is a beatiful, mysterious place. I love to look at the night sky and say Thank You, God!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts