James Webb Space Telescope finds a shock near supermassive black hole (image)

It’s done with DSP. Digital Signal Processing. Basically it compares the change of pixel intensity…..and the rate of change of that intensity. So it’s the amplitude level AND the rate of change of that level.

This will show up as patterns in the image. False colors can be added to contrast those patterns.

These techniques have been used for decades now and have been improved and refined.

However they can fool people. With confirmation bias. This processing can also introduce artifacts which are supposed to be filtered out. AND there are math relationships that can appear that are not part of the input data. They can be miss-leading.

And the equations we use for the input are described in a false way, at least in my opinion.

These techniques are use for rotational motion too. Red and blue shifts.

ZZTOP

BANNED
Aug 6, 2024
Visit site
It’s done with DSP. Digital Signal Processing. Basically it compares the change of pixel intensity…..and the rate of change of that intensity. So it’s the amplitude level AND the rate of change of that level.

This will show up as patterns in the image. False colors can be added to contrast those patterns.

These techniques have been used for decades now and have been improved and refined.

However they can fool people. With confirmation bias. This processing can also introduce artifacts which are supposed to be filtered out. AND there are math relationships that can appear that are not part of the input data. They can be miss-leading.

And the equations we use for the input are described in a false way, at least in my opinion.

These techniques are use for rotational motion too. Red and blue shifts.
LOL the Webb telescope just discovered more of nothing. They are faking everything at this point, the question is why

ZZTOP

BANNED
Aug 6, 2024
Visit site
And why that is not the source for real science, or much of anything else for that matter.

News flash! Everything on the Interwebs isn't real!
The thing that gets me is not the nonsense vids, because they are just made by people trying to make a buck. What baffles me are the people discussing the vids as though they are real just because they are there.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The thing that gets me is not the nonsense vids, because they are just made by people trying to make a buck. What baffles me are the people discussing the vids as though they are real just because they are there.
Like so many other subjects as well. Ignorance is not only bliss, but makes money, and reinforces any number of ill informed positions.

Reactions: ZZTOP
I am convinced that there are large quantities of invisible matter all thru out this universe. Stars produce it. And it has a density gradient. AND that gradient can bow light.

And with 13 billion years of burning, there might be more invisible matter than visible matter now.

But this matter would not be dipole matter and so, not gravitational. It would bow light but not matter.