James Webb Space Telescope spots galaxy from early universe rich in star formation

"We speculate that the process of forming stars in these galaxies must have been very efficient and started very early in the universe, particularly to explain the measured abundance of nitrogen relative to oxygen, as this ratio is a reliable measure of how many generations of stars have lived and died," Vishwas said."

Another very interesting JWST observation reported. I read this previously here.

Astronomers discover metal-rich galaxy in early universe, https://phys.org/news/2023-02-astronomers-metal-rich-galaxy-early-universe.html

ref - Discovery of a Dusty, Chemically Mature Companion to a z ∼ 4 Starburst Galaxy in JWST ERS Data, https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.3847/2041-8213/acb59c, 17-Feb-2023.

My observations. Using https://lambda.gsfc.nasa.gov/toolbox/calculators.html, z=4.225, look back distance or light time = 12.262 Gyr. Comoving radial distance = 24.380 Gly. Using H0=69 km/s/Mpc, space is expanding at 1.7204144E+00 or 1.72 x c velocity. We cannot see this metal rich galaxy at the comoving radial distance and do not know if other generations of stars continued to enrich the gas with more metals. The interpretation of the metal rich observations should call into question the existence of the postulated, primordial pristine gas clouds created during BBN and Population III stars. What are those redshifts in BB cosmology to see those, i.e., pristine original gas clouds created during BBN and Population III stars? I know from some comments made in this space.com report, https://forums.space.com/threads/da...-fourth-big-bang-new-research-suggests.60323/, BB cosmology has redshifts 3500 to 3 x 10^6 or more now. It is past time to unravel the mysteries of BB cosmology and using gas clouds to explain our origins today :)

ZhT

Mar 8, 2023
Visit site
I wish articles did not say things like “it lies about 12 billion light-years from Earth”. The fact that its light took this much time to reach us is not the same as the distance to where it lies (aka co-moving distance) because of the space expansion. In my view it would be educational to report both look-back time and distance every time an observation is reported. For conversion see https://lambda.gsfc.nasa.gov/toolbox/calculators.html

Sep 11, 2022
Visit site
What I want to know is, WHEN will the Webb telescope find a Population III star -- the supposed first generation of stars, composed of hydrogen, helium and no heavier elements.

I know these stars are thought to have burned out early, after a lifetime of only a few million years. But they can't all have formed at the same time. Some must have taken longer to coalesce out of dispersed H and He clouds left over after the Big Bang and then ignite.

So WHERE are they.

May 3, 2020
Visit site
What I find amazing is how these researchers pretend these clear Failures of predictions of the Big Bang are in fact ‘remarkeable new insights into the early Big Bang universe’, ...or...’not what we usually see’ etc etc.
I find the comment “not usually what we see” as being a particularly fine example of self deception. As if they what they “usually” see in JWST images are the primordial Big Bang plasma goop or single first generation BBT stars. When in fact the truth is the only things that they have seen so far,.... are metal rich mature galaxies not possible to have existed so early in the epoch universe that JWST is imaging.

What I find amazing is how these researchers pretend these clear Failures of predictions of the Big Bang are in fact ‘remarkeable new insights into the early Big Bang universe’, ...or...’not what we usually see’ etc etc.
I find the comment “not usually what we see” as being a particularly fine example of self deception. As if they what they “usually” see in JWST images are the primordial Big Bang plasma goop or single first generation BBT stars. When in fact the truth is the only things that they have seen so far,.... are metal rich mature galaxies not possible to have existed so early in the epoch universe that JWST is imaging.
What we witness is not one level of horizon but two. One level, one stage, halts at about fourteen-billion-years, fourteen billion light-years, in a constant (aka the "Schwarzschild Radius") Horizon (Big Bang (up and out) / Planck (down and in) / Infinite (collapsed) Horizon, and the other level, stage, just goes on and on in space and time to infinity and eternity. We are beginning to realize the existence of both physics -- the existence of two physics -- in the [point-portals ((1) point, (2) portal)] distances up and out, and down and in.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2022
Visit site
What I want to know is, WHEN will the Webb telescope find a Population III star -- the supposed first generation of stars, composed of hydrogen, helium and no heavier elements.

I know these stars are thought to have burned out early, after a lifetime of only a few million years. But they can't all have formed at the same time. Some must have taken longer to coalesce out of dispersed H and He clouds left over after the Big Bang and then ignite.

So WHERE are they.
Anton Petrov, who may be the hardest-working science vlogger, posted about a recent paper. Not implausibly, the authors say that the Pop III stars may have been vastly bigger than any modern stars (up to 100,000 solar masses) and lived only thousands, not millions of years.

Keep in mind, this is not observational evidence but instead modelling based on reasonable assumptions.

Latest posts