James Webb Space Telescope spots huge galactic protocluster in the early universe (photo)

The reference cited is interesting reading and good to show, space.com commonly does this.

Early Results from GLASS-JWST. XIV. A Spectroscopically Confirmed Protocluster 650 Million Years after the Big Bang, https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.3847/2041-8213/acb99e

"Abstract We present the spectroscopic confirmation of a protocluster at z = 7.88 behind the galaxy cluster Abell 2744 (hereafter A2744-z7p9OD)."

Another redshift group that seems to cause problems for the BB model. As the space.com article reporte:

"The NIRSpec data allowed the team to model how the galaxy group develops over time and build a picture of what this cluster should look like in the modern universe. They predicted the protocluster will resemble the Coma Cluster, meaning it could now be one of the densest clusters of galaxies in the cosmos with thousands of individual member galaxies. "We can see these distant galaxies like small drops of water in different rivers, and we can see that eventually they will all become part of one big, mighty river," team member Benedetta Vulcani, of the National Institute of Astrophysics in Italy, said in the same statement."

Such interpretations ignore the much larger comoving radial distances for z=7.88 where space is expanding much faster than c velocity and we do not see how the objects continued to evolve along their comoving radial distances (to compare with the postulated evolutionary changes using look back distances). I note the report states: "It is amazing the science we can now dream of doing, now that we have the JWST," study team member Tommaso Treu, of the University of California, Los Angeles, said in the same statement. "With this small protocluster of seven galaxies, at this great distance, we had a 100% spectroscopic confirmation rate, demonstrating the future potential for mapping dark matter and filling in the timeline of the universe's early development."

That is good to have *100% spectroscopic confirmation* Other recent reports showed some challenges concerning early galaxies viewed by JWST too.

Another new report shows some massive galaxy clusters remain very difficult to fit in with the model.

Could quantum fluctuations in the early universe enhance the creation of massive galaxy clusters?, https://phys.org/news/2023-04-quantum-fluctuations-early-universe-creation.html

The idea that the wavelength of light can be stretched (by space expansion or anything else) is preposterous. The redshift known as "cosmological" (or "Hubble") is due to the speed of light gradually slowing down as photons travel through space, in a non-expanding universe. See https://forums.space.com/threads/hubble-redshift-stretched-wavelength-or-slowed-speed.61175/
Pentcho Valev, interesting and I have seen other posts on this too, photons red shifting as 4D space expands using GR math. The mechanics of this process I do not know or if any lab experiments on Earth confirm this :) However, if the redshifts seen are not caused by 4D space expanding where photons redshift but what you postulate, IMO, all astronomical distances using the cosmological redshift math and mass estimates published - fall apart. I am not going to debate the cosmological redshift explanation developed using GR, it does look good to me but if not true in nature, serious trouble here in cosmology.

Latest posts