James Webb Space Telescope: The scientific mysteries no other observatory could unravel

The article talks of mysteries being solved. It may unexpectedly create a few . . . such as 'infinity' being a base constant ('1') of Multiverse Universe. How might it do so if 'infinity' is a base constant?

It is impossible to observe or detect infinity as infinity, only as some finite potential of infinity where when you shoot for it you just end up with more -- an enlarged -- potential. I'm thinking the James Webb telescope / microscope might pull off a surprise or two on astronomers and physicists, and everyone else, who think the Universe (U) is nothing but finite. How might it reveal the potential existence of infinity? The 'what' of infinity?

I'm going way out on a limb in stretching out relativity while not ripping it in two or more, relatively speaking:

Webb might catch everyone, but me a maybe a few others, by surprise by pushing out and back in space-time the collapsed horizon of infinity. It might double, even triple, the size and extent of space and time. literally multiplying the numbers of galaxies and stars and whatever other entities, vastly in a universe (u) of mass and energy; space and time. Far too great a size, far too extended, far too numerous a number of developing and developed galaxies and stars (unseen and undetected before), too have been [logically] created in just an instant after a whimsically magical instantaneous beginning.

A dimensional infinity of beginnings (endless beginnings) can coalesce a concentrated physical point (dimensionally everywhere and nowhere) in space and time of stereotypical beginning (endless beginning), but that may not be what will show up in Webb's penetration. The more I thought about "what" is going to be revealed from that most distant horizon, the more I realized it might probably be more of the potential, an enlarged edition of the potential, of infinity, if infinity exists as a cosmological constant base ('1') as I think it does. If it exists as I think it does, and since it has not been mentioned even as a potential possibility of what is going to be revealed, again should it exist as I think it does, it should be the biggest surprise revelation of all. Not only the biggest surprise, but I do believe an increased awareness of the probability of infinity existing (as a constant base) through a display of increased potential for its existence extending outward and backward in space-time, would be the most meaningful possible frontier gift, including background psychological gift to any aware species anywhere, of a Multiverse Universe.

Last edited:

Latest posts