Jericho jumps the shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gunsandrockets

I wondered from the beginning whether the writers/producers would have the balls to finger a realistic enemy who would nuke America. Sadly they have lived down to my expectations.<br /><br />So just who are the badguys? Who nukes America? Don't read any further unless you want to know too!<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Why, the bad guys are a motley assortment of Americans! That's who nukes America! In my opinion the writers are a typical bunch of left-wing hollywood parasites. Not only didn't they have the courage to name a realistic foreign enemy, the 'domestic enemy' they chose instead -- militia members, neo-Nazis, Christian extremists -- is the usual grab bag of bogeymen who so-called 'progressives' fear so much more than real enemies such as Al Queda, Iran or North Korea.

J

jm9584

I haven't been following it recently, and it wouldn't suprise me if it had turned a bit lame, but...<br /><br />Dude, stop it. Don't be such a friggin ideolouge, whining about "left-wingers". That left-right false dichotomy is such utter bull[shut your filthy mouth!] that it makes my head hurt. Those who buy into it simply don't have the ability or desire to actually think for themselves. How the f&#k do you think some hypothetical 1 dimensional line can even come close to accurately depicting political/social beliefs!?! <br /><br />Just stop [shut your filthy mouth!]ing. Don't like the show? Don't watch it. There are retards in america who very well might nuke us if they had the ability (Tim McVeigh, eh?) so don't play like it's a stretch. Don't like "left-wing hollywood parasites"? Then DON'T EVER WATCH ANYTHING THEY MAKE!!! Honestly, wtf is next from you? Am i gonna start hearing something about the Jews? Running the strings in hollywood...and banking, of course... Huh? Gonna start spouting some more nonsense?<br /><br />In short, stop whining. Just stop.

G

gunsandrockets

[In short, stop whining. Just stop.]<br /><br />Same to you buddy.<br /><br />If you can't handle reading my opinions, don't read them. No one's forcing you.

J

jm9584

"If you can't handle reading my opinions, don't read them. No one's forcing you."<br /><br />I can handle them, i'm just calling you on them too. This whole liberals whining about conservatives, conservatives whining about liberals thing is just crap. Beliefs are a great deal more complicated than a 1 dimensional line and those who use that as their main description of such lack a great deal of though that ought to have gone into it and quite a bit of creativity as well. Get another axis at least.<br /><br /><br />"so there's no such thing as a liberal?"<br /><br />Actually, no. There are people who feel certain ways on certain issues, but the notion that everyone falls somewhere on a neat little 1 dimensional line that you can label conservative or liberal is utterly false. The liberal vs conservative conflict is an invention. A false dichotomy used to create an us vs them attitude in whatever audience happens to be listening to it at the time. It doesn't reflect reality, it's a political tool.<br /><br />And Hanoi Jane can eat s**t and die. You assume too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts