July 4 TZ Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

Fave episodes:

5:30 PM EDT: The Obsolete Man

6:30 PM EDT: Living Doll (Telly Savales messed with by doll)

8:pM EDT: Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up? (An Alien tracked to a diner could be any one of 7 snowbound bus passengers)

9:30 PM EDT "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street" (Total power failure in a a neighborhood sparks suspicions that it was caused by an alien invasion) One of my top 3 TZ faves of all time.

The "Rip Van Winkle Caper runs at 3 :30 AM EDT, and another fave "To Serve Man" at 10 PM EDT. :) :)

S

starsinmyeyes44

I love the Twilight Zone marathon. I've tried to catch as many episodes as I can every year. Just watched the one about the bus passengers in the diner!

J

jim48

If Y'all don't already have it, then purchase a copy of The Twilight Zone Companion, by Marc Scott Zecree. Originally published I think in 1984, it has been revised and updated. He got access to Serling's widow Carole, who provided him with unlimted access to Serling's personal papers. He also interviewed guest stars, directors, producers, writers, et al. A must-have for any true Zone fan!

D

doublehelix

jim48":1fjuplf2 said:
If Y'all don't already have it, then purchase a copy of The Twilight Zone Companion, by Marc Scott Zecree. Originally published I think in 1984, it has been revised and updated. He got access to Serling's widow Carole, who provided him with unlimted access to Serling's personal papers. He also interviewed guest stars, directors, producers, writers, et al. A must-have for any true Zone fan!

Oh I can vouch for that - it is EXCELLENT. We had a copy in the 80s - it's wonderful.

Just posted in the Shatner thread that I enjoyed seeing him in the Twilight Zone this weekend, so young...

-dh

D

dragon04

I just wanted to put a word in for the episode For The Angels.

It's about a traveling salesman/pitchman who tries to prevent Death from taking a little girl at midnight by delivering a "Pitch For The Angels".

Rest In Peace, Billy Mays

D

doublehelix

Very nice, dragon.

My absolute favorite one is when the astronauts lift off to the moon (I think it's the moon, maybe it's Mars), but they end up somewhere else, but think it's their destination. They fight with each other and kill each other. Then they learn where they really are...

"To Serve Man" is also excellent. "Little Girl Lost" is another fave. "The Mask" is another kickass episode. Hell, they are all pretty awesome!

-dh

J

jim48

It's always a lot of fun to get a group of people together--of a certain age--and before long the favorite episodes come out, as we're doing here. I don't really have a favorite, by virtue of the fact that there were so many good ones, like Star Trek, but I'll tell you the best, IMO: "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street", one of the best things Serling ever wrote in our out of The Twilight Zone. Now order up a copy of Zecree's book!

S

sdorot

I don't know what it's called but I love the episode where this woman is in her apartment and she is an artist and I guess it just keeps getting hotter outside and I forget exactly what happens, but then she kind of wakes up as if that was a dream or hallucination and then learns that it's actually getting colder and colder outside. Something like that...

M

MeteorWayne

Another of mine is the episode where a poor homeless guy (who looks like, but is not, Art Carney) get's a magic bag and gives gifts to all the homeless and poor children until midnight when the bag stops working. Then at the end as he walks away there's a sleigh and an elf......

D

doublehelix

Wow, these are all great episodes! I love each of them. I had forgotten just how much I loved this show, dang. Thanks for the memories!

-dh

J

jim48

MeteorWayne":2jsbv8tb said:
Another of mine is the episode where a poor homeless guy (who looks like, but is not, Art Carney) get's a magic bag and gives gifts to all the homeless and poor children until midnight when the bag stops working. Then at the end as he walks away there's a sleigh and an elf......

Art Carney did play Santa in one of the few videotaped shows they did.

Y

yevaud

doublehelix":1owe6ohh said:
"The Mask" is another kickass episode.

-dh

Oh yes, that's the one where everyone wears masks at the party...with less than wonderful results at the end.

M

MeteorWayne

jim48":14j9ubrg said:
MeteorWayne":14j9ubrg said:

Art Carney did play Santa in one of the few videotaped shows they did.

I looked up the episode, and it wasn't Art Carney...maybe he used a pseudonym?

D

doublehelix

yevaud":30l50265 said:
doublehelix":30l50265 said:
"The Mask" is another kickass episode.

-dh

Oh yes, that's the one where everyone wears masks at the party...with less than wonderful results at the end.

OH yeah. A related one is where the woman is in for plastic surgery and she comes out looking "beautiful" but thinks herself horribly scarred...

-dh

Y

yevaud

How about the one where the aged couple goes in for mutual anti-aging treatment? I always thought that one was terribly poignant.

C

crazyeddie

MeteorWayne":1lqs84c5 said:
Apparently whenever I looked it up, I got wrong info or read it wrong. It was indeed Art Carney.

The Night of the Meek (1960)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734666/

I watched "A Saucer of Loneliness", that starred Shelly Duvall as the solitary, friendless waitress that was is given a message by a flying saucer. It made me weep.....which is a rare thing for me. It was written by the late Theodore Sturgeon and adapted for television by David Gerrold, so that explains why it was so well done.

J

jim48

crazyeddie":292w2e67 said:
MeteorWayne":292w2e67 said:
Apparently whenever I looked it up, I got wrong info or read it wrong. It was indeed Art Carney.

The Night of the Meek (1960)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734666/

I watched "A Saucer of Loneliness", that starred Shelly Duvall as the solitary, friendless waitress that was is given a message by a flying saucer. It made me weep.....which is a rare thing for me. It was written by the late Theodore Sturgeon and adapted for television by David Gerrold, so that explains why it was so well done.

They've brought TZ back a few times, Ed. The first was in the '80s, back on CBS, then again in first-run syndication. You're talking about one of the newer ones, which sounds quite good and which I haven't seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS