Jump Into SciFi Universe - Which One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drwayne

If you could hop into a SciFi universe, and take up permanent residence there, which one would it be?

Would your answer be different if the stay was temporary, and you were guaranteed a return to this life?

Silly questions to be sure, but perhaps interesting...

I'll answer later. :)

Wayne

J

jim48

Star Trek is very tempting but I'd jump into Lost in Space, because no one ever died there. :D

M

mj1

Definitely the universe of Peter F. Hamilton's Night's Dawn Trilogy. If you have not read it I STRONGLY recommend it. It will be the best SF you've ever read.

C

crazyeddie

jim48":epuyefo1 said:
Star Trek is very tempting but I'd jump into Lost in Space, because no one ever died there. :D

I would, too, if I could have my very own Jupiter II to flit about the galaxy in.....that spaceship was way cool, like an interstellar motorhome!

CutawayJupiter2a.jpg

Jupiter2Launch.jpg

Z

ZenGalacticore

Nah. I'd be in the Star Trek universe in Kirk's time, running a Green Slave Girls strip club on some hot-happening outpost planet. I'd be buying my girls from Mudd, and buying the booze from that cat who sold tribbles! :lol:

A

a_lost_packet_

HOLY CRAP!

I can't believe I forgot the perfect Sci-Fi Universe to be transported to!

barbarella-poster-orig.jpg

I hear they canned the remake for it though.

(Edit - The other image I linked requires cookies so I dumped it. A bit risque anyway.)

Z

ZenGalacticore

OH YEAH!!!! Barbarella!!! Jane was so effing hot in that flick!!!! :D

A

a_lost_packet_

ZenGalacticore":885chy1r said:
OH YEAH!!!! Barbarella!!! Jane was so effing hot in that flick!!!! :D

Absolutely! I may think she was a political time-bomb and an attention ____. But, I certainly can appreciate her... acting ability.

(Actually, she can be a pretty good actress too. But, who cares? BARBARELLA 4EVAR!)

S

StarRider1701

Let's see, a few good places comes to mind...

Like Rysa(sp) in ST-TNG. A whole planet dedicated to having fun, my kinda place.
Or maybe I could be a slave boy on that planet of female Jaffa...
I do like the Orion Slave Girl strip club idea of Zen's.
Actually, my real answer here is pretty much the same answer I gave in another thread - I would like to live on B-5. What a cool and interesting place to live. Of course I would have to be rich or infleuential, I don't think I'd like being stuck down in Brown Sector...

D

doom_shepherd

Definitely TNG-Era Star Trek.

I mean seriously. Give me a holodeck I can program, and a food replicator, and I'll never leave the place.

"Computer, Initiate Privacy Locks, Activate program Harem-5. Initialize programs Liu, Portman, Ricci, Thurman, and... oh, what the heck, Gellar. Debauchery level 3, Submissiveless level 1. I want them feisty today. Activate when ready."

J

junkheap

I think for me, it would have to be either The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, or Doctor Who, because then I'd probably never be bored or lonely, but on the other hand, I'd probably be highly, highly annoyed.

Of course, a case can be made that universes for those two are one and the same. :D

Either that or a universe where O'Neill type habitats are in existence, because it would be a cool place to live.

S

Sonjiin

doom_shepherd":69nqisny said:
Definitely TNG-Era Star Trek.

I mean seriously. Give me a holodeck I can program, and a food replicator, and I'll never leave the place.

"Computer, Initiate Privacy Locks, Activate program Harem-5. Initialize programs Liu, Portman, Ricci, Thurman, and... oh, what the heck, Gellar. Debauchery level 3, Submissiveless level 1. I want them feisty today. Activate when ready."

BWHAHAHAHA. OMG i nearly cried at work laughing so hard. Brilliant!

A

a_lost_packet_

Ya know..

The more I think about it, the more I think that "Lost in Space" could be a great series if it was revisited.

"Earth 2" was about as close as I think we've come to that and it was simply.. not good. I liked some of it but, it just got to be too.. terrible towards the end.

Yet, a really good Lost in Space do-over with the same attention towards making a good story for each episode would be a pleasantly refreshing surprise. However, Jonathon Harris simply can't be replaced. The man was a genius, IMO. That would be the most critical role to cast and without a good character actor in there, the show would flop abysmally.

Anyway.. just a side-thought.

Hmm... Lost in Space with Barbarella.. Now, there's a tv-series that's only going to be screened in my head...

B

Boots09

Well, I was going to say the org. star trek, as I think Spock is hella handsome.. But if I recall from the one episode (Amok?) ..only once every seven years :shock: no no no. So maybe TNG, I undersand Data is fully functional, and Worf has potential.. :cool:

B

Boots09

Now if I was sure to come back to this life, even if I got wacked in the other universe..hmmm..always thought it'd be cool to be a storm trooper. Hav'nt seen or read anything recently but I do recall an older book my dad had "splinter of the minds eye". It did mention female troopers. So I guess they recruit (draft?) ordinary folks to suplement the clones?

Another world that I think would be interesting would be from the books "the man kazin wars". Kind of odd but for some reason I really liked them. Would'nt want to stay there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.