June 2024 featured record-breaking heat and billion-dollar weather disasters, NOAA says

There is no reason, IMO, to doubt the view that the planet is warming. I'm not convinced, however, that weather events are suddenly unnatural, in the sense they would not occur a decade or so ago. Where are all the extreme hurricanes that had been projected, for instance.? [Predictions that are shown to be false are what falsify models. But this helps new models come forward.]

As for fires...

Such evidence suggests Climate Change might be responsible, however, it isn't that compelling when we see the actual history, including the losses from the 1930's. Are the extremes of more recent fires greater due to Climate Change, I suspect so, but, once again, the argument is a matter of degree more than kind. How sensitive is our planet to things like CO2? That is and incredibly difficult answer to nail down and it's what scientists are really working hard to solve. Until then, scrutiny, which is that core of all science, should be respected.

As for fires.... From Earth.org [https://earth.org/worst-wildfires-in-us-history/]

Reactions: Classical Motion
A good example of the complexity is "sea level rise" in the Mississippi delta. The problem has three components, of roughly equal magnitude: 1) Holocene sediment compaction not being mitigated by silt replacement due to channeling for navigation 2) Groundwater extraction 3) Sea level rise.

Reactions: Classical Motion
I think we are in a warming period. How much is debatable. Why is debatable.

I want to see how much temp increase is caused by CO2. I think CO2 will help green and refresh the planet.

I think H2O controls our temp. And I believe it oscillates in it’s own range. It’s own band.

But it’s just a thought.