Just curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bpcooper

Pegasus is the answer...but thats air launched.<br /><br />Ground launched, I would say it's probably Scout, Athena or Dnepr. Vanguard is likely towards the bottom as well but I don't know the exact numbers. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-Ben</p> </div>

M

mikejz

Pegasus: 19,000 kg<br />Scout: 17,500 kg<br />Vanguard: 10,050 kg

B

bpcooper

Mike, can you provide a source? Thanks.<br /><br />Yes, Vanuguard launched the Vanguard satellites (Vanguard 1 is still up there, the oldest object in earth orbit). <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-Ben</p> </div>

M

mikejz

Astronautica <br />The Russian rockets seem to list empty weight.

B

bpcooper

I see those figures on astronautix. It states "Total mass." Well if those are liftoff mass then I'm wrong.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-Ben</p> </div>

M

mikejz

It is possible that there are some that might be lighter, that in theory COULD get to orbit (Maybe some high end sounding rockets, or ABM/Satellite-Killers) But that is really getting way to detailed. Overall it looks like Vanguard is the winner (solids seem to be at a real disadvantage)--trying to think of any other small liquid boosters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts