Karl Urban as Judge Dredd

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

a_lost_packet_

from the article":s5fc81dj said:
"..What’s more, he won’t be taking said helmet off, either..."

Wow! I mean.. WOW! Now, I'm interested. Could this bit of commitment have meaning beyond a simple obeisance to canon? Are we going to get to see a real Judge Dredd?

Contrary to most, I actually liked the last Judge Dredd movie... But, if it had been anyone besides Stallone, the comic effect wouldn't have worked. I'm not sure that they intended Dredd to have a comic effect, though. That's just how I played it out in order to be able to enjoy the movie.

Dredd is definitely NOT hanging around as comic relief in the comics.

D

docm

No, Dredd will not be comic relief.

Dredd (2012)

Studio: Lionsgate

Director: Pete Travis (Vantage Point, Endgame, Henry VIII)
Producer: Alex Garland (28 Weeks Later, Never Let Me Go)
Screenplay: Alex Garlando (28 Days Later, Never Let Me Go, Sunshine, Tesseract)

Cast

Judge Joe Dredd: Karl Urban
Judge Cassandra Anderson: Olivia Thirlby
Judge Lex: Langley Kirkwood

D

docm

Dunno, but much of it will be shot in South Africa by the team that did District 9 and a producer said this in an interview;

The main thing about Dredd is that it’s a fantastic comic that was completely messed up 20 years ago. Our idea is to make a very hard, R-rated, gritty, realistic movie of Dredd in Megacity, so we’ve got to get the tone right. He’s not going to take off his helmet. His bike is going to feel real. He’s going to hit people and it’s going to feel real.
Other reports say that Karl Urban has bulked up considerably from when he played Dr. "Bones" McCoy in Star Trek.

S

Skyskimmer

docm":3icc73ie said:
Dunno, but much of it will be shot in South Africa by the team that did District 9 and a producer said this in an interview;

The main thing about Dredd is that it’s a fantastic comic that was completely messed up 20 years ago. Our idea is to make a very hard, R-rated, gritty, realistic movie of Dredd in Megacity, so we’ve got to get the tone right. He’s not going to take off his helmet. His bike is going to feel real. He’s going to hit people and it’s going to feel real.
Other reports say that Karl Urban has bulked up considerably from when he played Dr. "Bones" McCoy in Star Trek.
This seems like it can be pretty good. I hope this crew keeps doing good work moon was pretty good for a low budget, with 3d tech being the next big thing it'd be nice to see them leading the way for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.