Kolchak versus Barnabas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jim48

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv-VaGZtMNg[/youtube]

J

jim48

The above was created by BaronVonBlixberg, who posts a lot of Kolchak stuff on YouTube. It's different, that's for sure!

Z

ZenGalacticore

I forget. How did Barnabus Collins wind up at Collinwood in the 1840s, and again in 1897, when he wasn't released inadvertantly by Willie from his chained coffin until 1966?

Oh that's right, he time travelled from the late 1960s with Dr. Whats-her-name. IIRC.

J

jim48

ZenGalacticore":2xd0gzjp said:
I forget. How did Barnabus Collins wind up at Collinwood in the 1840s, and again in 1897, when he wasn't released inadvertantly by Willie from his chained coffin until 1966?

Oh that's right, he time travelled from the late 1960s with Dr. Whats-her-name. IIRC.

Baron VonBlixberg replies: Actually, he didn't time travel back to those dates...he was born and lived back then...he became a vampire in 1897 and was chained in his coffin by his father untill 1966 when Willie released him...

A

a_lost_packet_

I used to have the "Dark Shadows" game when I was a kid.

pic6014_md.jpg

:)

I liked the custom Kolchak doll. Pretty darn good! I didn't watch the rest of the series, if she has put them up already. But, IMO, Kolchak would be hard pressed by Barnabas. In the end, I think Barnabas would get away and all Kolchak would have left were questions...

J

jim48

Just find Kolchak on YouTube. BaronVonBlixberg has some of her other stuff there. The above is her latest.

Z

ZenGalacticore

Last I remember, Barnabus Collins was born in the mid-late 1700s. He was turned into a vampire by the incredibly fantastic and eerie witch Angelique. (Great actress.)

His father chained him up in his coffin in the secret Collins' Family room in the Collins' Mausoleum. His father, Joshua Collins, confined his favorite son in his coffin in the year 1795, because he couldn't bring himself to "kill" his own son. Even though he was partly, sub-concsiously aware that Barnabus was already dead.

J

jim48

I never watched much Dark Shadows. I'm a Kolchak guy. Neat thing about Dark Shadows was that if the writers got stuck all they had to do was have a werewolf crash through the door and mess things up! BaronVonBlixberg has done some very elaborate Night Stalker models. She also has a salute to Kolchak on YouTube. I asked her about the music she used, and that's when I became a Squirrel Nut Zippers fan! :D

Z

ZenGalacticore

Jim- I watched all the "Night Stalker" episodes too. Granted, there's a whole lot more DS episodes, given it was a work-weekly soap that ran 5 years.

But you should still check out classic "Barnabus and Angelique" scenes of the original "Dark Shadows" on utube.

K

Kerberos

Even as kids, we knew that Angelique was one seriously hot witch. :cool:

Z

ZenGalacticore

Kerberos":20kbtxca said:
Even as kids, we knew that Angelique was one seriously hot witch. :cool:

Not only that, she was convincingly scary as hell. Her blue/green eyes would get bigger than golf balls when she was casting a spell. Awesome actress.

Her iciness was genuinely creepy. All the more remarkable that it was taped live like any soap. The budget on DK was such that they couldn't afford to do many retakes.

In several scenes you can see the end of a tv cam rolling off picture, and a couple of times you can hear the director talking to the actor. The guy that played 'Willie' screwed up a lot, and they would just go with it because of budget.

Jonathan Frid is an exceptional actor as well. I've never seen a better performance of the sad, regretful, "innocent" vampire.

K

Kerberos

Yeah, we were scared of her, but we couldn't look away.

What a great series. I need to get the run on DVD. :) Btw, I'm not sure about now, but at least a few years ago Frid was still touring and making DS appearances.

Z

ZenGalacticore

Yeah, Frid's still with us. I've never met him, but I'd love to shake his hand.

I love his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts