Land of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

datalor

Anyone going to go see it?
While second in my mind only to "Schoolhouse Rock" to my saturday mornings as a kid, I don't know about this. It looks funny, but, the show was about time travel and weird magical skulls and portals and such. Will the remake capture that fascination that I so enjoyed while snarfing down cereal in my PJs?
Original theme song here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0MRU1f2SJ0
Feel free to sing along! To all you youngins' those special effects ROCKED back in the day, lol.

J

JeffreyNYA

I think it will be pretty stupid really. It may be funny, but thats not what I remember from the show. It seems like it will be more of a spoof.

D

doublehelix

My fear is that it will be more of a parody of the original, rather than a re-imagining or even simply a remake. The more previews I see, the less I want to see it in the theater.

-dh

D

datalor

doublehelix":f36srfds said:
My fear is that it will be more of a parody of the original, rather than a re-imagining or even simply a remake. The more previews I see, the less I want to see it in the theater.

-dh

Agreed.
It looks like Will Ferrell vs. the T-rex. And that is it. They completly missed their target audience, or so it seems.

W

winder556

It's going to be a spoof comedy. I wish they would have made a more serious movie about this great classic tv show.

F

FictionBecomesFact

What a delightful movie! :) I didn't know I'd enjoy it NEARLY as much as I did. I wouldn't say it's a spoof, but rather a humorous revisitation with special effects that unintentionally make its predecessor look lost. The audience laughed repeatedly, as did I (and I'm not easy to please, humor-wise). There's clearly a substantial budget behind this movie as well, and there's more credibility in the premise this time around, too. The acting's also quite good, and there's some considerable adventure to enjoy. :eek: Try not to show up late though, as some fun stuff happens early on that relates to the rest of the show. And what a show it is, too :lol:

Z

ZenGalacticore

I don't think much of Will Ferrell. But at least they didn't get Brandon Frasier to play 'Dad'. I'm surprised. Although I have to say, with regards to those who lament that they may have made the film grossly comical while losing an opportunity to be dramatically serious, that Brandon Frasier probably would have given it a more sober feel.

Re-reading that, that's a serious insult to Ferrell. Guess it was sub-conscious.

I loved that show as a kid. I was born in '63. So I was what, ten or eleven or so when it was on on Saturday morning?

S

sdorot

FictionBecomesFact":1ih64v49 said:
What a delightful movie! :) :lol:

Wait...really? I love Will Ferrell, but sometimes with him there is a line between hilarious and ridiculous.
I wasn't alive when this show originally aired but they've been playing reruns on tv recently and I've got to say that the "special effects" and acting are pretty hilarious to me. I'm curious how it came off to viewers back then.

D

doublehelix

sdorot":e500wrax said:
I'm curious how it came off to viewers back then.

I was entranced by the whole "stop motion" thing in the 70s, so I loved it. But also knew it was cheesy at the same time. :lol:

-dh

Status
Not open for further replies.