Question Light escaping from a black hole?

Dec 11, 2023
Visit site
Hi, I was listening to star talk radio from Neil Tyson and al of a sudden i had a burning question / thought wich would not leave my mind.
generally it is ecapted that a black hole is black becasue the gravity of the black hole is so great that even light can not escape. But what if that is not true. See i heard him talking about spagetification wich a name for the act of stretching matter to an infinete thin line because of the difference in gravity over the lenght of an object. So what if the light that goes in t a black hole also undergoes this same process and is just streched to a point that i is not visable anymore nor detectibale by any measruring instruments we currently use?

I still think with this theory that most light that goes in directly to the center will get trapped because of the great forces that are in a black hole but maybe some light that is aimed at the egde of the event horizon will be able to escape the gravity.

what do you all think?

Jan 17, 2024
Visit site
Hi, I was listening to star talk radio from Neil Tyson and al of a sudden i had a burning question / thought wich would not leave my mind.
generally it is ecapted that a black hole is black becasue the gravity of the black hole is so great that even light can not escape. But what if that is not true. See i heard him talking about spagetification wich a name for the act of stretching matter to an infinete thin line because of the difference in gravity over the lenght of an object. So what if the light that goes in t a black hole also undergoes this same process and is just streched to a point that i is not visable anymore nor detectibale by any measruring instruments we currently use?

I still think with this theory that most light that goes in directly to the center will get trapped because of the great forces that are in a black hole but maybe some light that is aimed at the egde of the event horizon will be able to escape the gravity.

what do you all think?
I'm no physicist--not even close, but, could white holes exist on the opposite side of a black hole? Why or why not?

Apr 1, 2022
Visit site
It is my understanding that the event horizon's size is relative to your distance to it. You can never really enter a black hole to leave it. but to a distant observer light that appeared to be leaving a black hole would be extremely redshifted as the space/time goes from extremely compressed back to normal.

Reactions: nikkiv98
I don't think so. 99.9% of EM radiation is black. Almost all EM lacks color and luminosity. A pure x-ray or gamma or radio emitter is the color black. We could never see a pure gamma star. Only the lack of light from and thru it. If gravity really could bend light, we would see all the stars in constant motion. Because the flux of gravity is always in motion.

But we do not see that. We see and measure straight lines. Light can be bent and bowed, but it takes a refraction OR a particle density gradient, to do it. Sol's atmosphere bends starlight, not gravity. Just like the earth's atmosphere. Just like a stilled sugar solution.....shining a flashlight thru it. A density gradient can arc it. White light.....a bandwidth of EM.

The center object in our MW is not a void visual area object. It appears to be a braided rotation of plasma. Such a rotation could result in a huge bi-directional discharge of highly ionized material, forming gigantic particle bubbles. A plasma engine.

Or perhaps a galaxy safety valve.

Just a thought.

Reactions: nikkiv98

Latest posts