lights in sky

Mar 28, 2020
Visit site
what are the hundreds of lights traveling in a line across the english skys last night and tonight that look like stars? as well as them traveling mostly in straight line in ones and twos i also notice many others traveling crisscross all over the south above my head in littlehampton west sussex- i saw a news paper article saying that a few new satterlites were put up yesterday but the amount of traffic traveling around our skys at that high up cannot all be satterlites so what is it?

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
what are the hundreds of lights traveling in a line across the english skys last night and tonight that look like stars? as well as them traveling mostly in straight line in ones and twos i also notice many others traveling crisscross all over the south above my head in littlehampton west sussex- i saw a news paper article saying that a few new satterlites were put up yesterday but the amount of traffic traveling around our skys at that high up cannot all be satterlites so what is it?
I believe you are seeing the recently launched cubesats. They are very small satellites launched by the hundreds and do appear as lines of dots in the sky. They will disperse to some extent over time but will still be localized. Astronomers are concerned that they will interfere with observations.

Latest posts