Liquid Fuel Rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

innermaniax

Hey, hey! First post here.<br /><br />Well, anyway, since that's over. I have a little problem.<br /><br />I've had a few years experiance in building solid fuel rockets, through trial and error because there aren't many websites dedicated to rocket building (that I can find), and there aren't many books on the subject in my area. In fact, it was extremely hard to get powdered aluminium, and ammonium perchlorate. And I can't get rocket kits either.<br /><br />Most of my rockets are still made out of hard paper or plastic tubes, because I'm very un-easy about metal rockets. You know, someone might get hurt, and I don't want to pay for their medical bills.<br /><br />Anyway, I want to take my rocket building a step up. And I was wondering if anyone has ever sucessfully made their own liquid fuel rocket. I'd also like some tips on building metal rockets too. In fact, anything tips to do with rocketry would be very helpful.<br /><br />Blueprints would be the best! <br /><br />And thanks to you, if you help me!

V

vogon13

Bob Goddard had some success with home built liquid fueled rockets. IIRC, he bled of some of the pressure from the combustion chamber and used it to pressurize the fuel tank to force the fuel into the engine. This requires a stronger tank, but vastly simplifies the fuel turbo pump problem.<br /><br />Obviously, it is possible to detonate one of these things and incinerate yourself, so be careful.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts