Looking for Higher Quality Launch Footage

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scidhuv

Hi,<br /><br />I have been watching the recent launches live, over the yahoo streaming, however I found the quality was poor, and when expanded at all to see detail, the compression was apparant<br /><br />Is there anywhere free or otherwise, that I could watch the launch in higher quality. My connection is 8mbits, of which it gets about 7mbits. <br /><br />Bear in mind I live in the uk, tv is not an option<br /><br />Thanks<br />Ryan Palmer

C

CalliArcale

Well, I know spaceflightnow.com has a subscription service, but I don't know what the quality is like. They do also sell videotapes of mission highlights after the missions are over, but of course with shipping to the UK that could really add up. (Plus I don't know if they do PAL. US television/video is in NTSC, of course, and DVDs are probably Region 1 encoded, so you'd need a region-free DVD player.) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.