Loop Quantum Gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rogers_buck

This is a superb review of the loop quantum gravity theory (competes with string/m-theory). It has something for everyone.<br /><br />Loop Quantum Gravity<br />by<br />Carlo Rovelli<br />Department of Physics and Astronomy <br />University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA 15260, USA <br /><br />

T

tom_hobbes

I'm not going to subscribe to this theory until he can come up with a suitable analogy involving bath tubs, bubbles and plastic ducks. As it is, I briefly observed the description in your link zooming way over my head at several thousand feet. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="2" color="#339966"> I wish I could remember<br /> But my selective memory<br /> Won't let me</font><font size="2" color="#99cc00"> </font><font size="3" color="#339966"><font size="2">- </font></font><font size="1" color="#339966">Mark Oliver Everett</font></p><p> </p> </div>

R

rogers_buck

In January 2004 Issue of Sciam, there is a good description of the theory.

T

tom_hobbes

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>2004 Issue of Sciam<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />Thanks for the tip, Buck. (Image of the bald dude, kicking back with a copy of Scientific American and a pack of Marlboro...) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="2" color="#339966"> I wish I could remember<br /> But my selective memory<br /> Won't let me</font><font size="2" color="#99cc00"> </font><font size="3" color="#339966"><font size="2">- </font></font><font size="1" color="#339966">Mark Oliver Everett</font></p><p> </p> </div>

M

meteo

Three Roads to Quantum Gravity by Lee Smolin<br /><br />Asteroid!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts