Lost, season 3 finale

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jcdenton

For the next 3 years (i.e. the second half of the show), there'll most likely be flash-aheads instead of flashbacks. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

jcdenton

I suspect the person in the casket at the funeral is either Locke or Ben, and the reason nobody showed up is because no one really liked those two given that they were so hellbent on keeping everyone on the island. Jack only attends because he's having regrets leaving the place.<br /><br />Who's Jacob? I'm under the impression that Ben is a split personality case who has the power of telekinesis. We'll learn a lot more strange facts about his character as the show progresses. I have no clue as to what that black cloud is, could be related though. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

G

gunsandrockets

<I really want to know whose funeral he went to.><br /><br />Sawyer? Nah.<br /><br />Walt? Walt's dad?

O

ordinary_guy

<b>Funeral:</b> Could be anybody, especially since the show has shown that the writers listen to the chatter on the LOST boards and sometimes make nods to prevailing opinions there (like the possibility that everybody was really dead and this was some sort of purgatory). Further, even when the writers/producers have a plan, they've also shown that they can change their mind if something better comes up (like having the "Jack" character live past the pilot episode).<br /><br />That said, I think it's Ben. Not a real popular guy... and not a real big coffin.<br /><br /><b>Jacob:</b> I think it's a manifestation of whatever is powering the telekinetic elements of the island... either a shard of the same personality that created the illusions the people have seen (Walt, Jack's dad, Kate's horse), or one being among several.<br /><br /><b>Two other things:</b><br /><i>A)</i> First, in the "flash forward" (almost 64 minutes into it)... Jack says to the supervising doctor (after the "how much have you had to drink" question): "You get my father down here... get him down here right now... and if I'm drunker than he is, you can fire me."<br /><br /><i>Um... hold it.</i> At the time, we thought it was a flashback. Dad was alive (he died just prior to the plane crash), so this doesn't register on our <i>Holy Schitt!</i> radar. Mere metaphor or did we just see a hiccup in the space/time continuum?<br /><br /><i>B)</i> Second, Who TF is "Dr. Richard Alpert"? This would be the character played by Nestor Carbonell, who first appeared in one of Juliet's flashbacks as a recruitment officer... then later we see him, same age, <i><b>when Ben is a kid!</b></i> Okay... this dude is <i>something</i> manifest.<br /><br />...And with all this manifestation, this opens up that much of the "coincidence vs. fate" weirdness is neither: it's engineered events. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p style="font:normalnormalnormal12px/normalTimes;margin:0px"><strong>Mere precedent is a dangerous source of authority.</strong></p> <p style="font:normalnormalnormal12px/normalTimes;margin:0px">-Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)</p> </div>

G

gunsandrockets

<That said, I think it's Ben. Not a real popular guy... and not a real big coffin.><br /><br />After talking with a co-worker, he suggested it might be Walt or his dad in that coffin because of the neighborhood the funeral parlor was in. <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><Um... hold it. At the time, we thought it was a flashback. Dad was alive (he died just prior to the plane crash), so this doesn't register on our Holy Schitt! radar. Mere metaphor or did we just see a hiccup in the space/time continuum? /><br /><br />Good catch. Very freaky.<br /><br /><B) Second, Who TF is "Dr. Richard Alpert"? This would be the character played by Nestor Carbonell, who first appeared in one of Juliet's flashbacks as a recruitment officer... then later we see him, same age, when Ben is a kid! Okay... this dude is something manifest. /><br /><br />That's not the only 'other' with freaky power. What about the unkillable russian cyclops? Come to think of it, why isn't Locke dead as well? Maybe on the island you can come back from the dead, that could explain Locke's survival, the cyclop's terminator like toughness and the resurrection of Jack's dad?<br /><br />By the way, after what happened in the finale, if Locke wasn't the Island's [female dog] before he sure is now! Yes Island master! Whatever you say Island master! Would you like a foot massage with that Island master! Kill a complete stranger on first sight because you want it? Of course Island master!

L

lunatic133

Hiya. Haven't posted here in a hundred million years, but I was surfing around, and Lost happens to be my favorite show, so what the hey. <br /><br />I figured that in the scene where Jack refers to his father it was because Jack was SO drunk, that he temporarily forgot that his father was dead? But it could be something freakier too, considering how else the show has gone. I thought it was a brilliant episode -- and I gotta admit that the part where Hurley rescues everyone using the hippie-van was all kinds of awesome. <br /><br />Also, I don't know how many people are fans of both shows, but the entire premise of the ending reminded me of the Season 2 (not season 3) finale of the new Battlestar Galactica. IE, they are about to do something that they think will save them, but are warned against it. They do it anyway. Then it is The Future, and everyone's thinking they really shouldn't have done it. To show the passage of time, Leader Guy has facial hair. Enter mind numbingly long hiatus for the show. Seriously. I felt like it was de ja vu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts