LOTRs, ROTK - Extended version DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flynn

Well, we are hurtling towards Christmas and for the first time in years we don't have a new LOTRs film to look forward to. <br /><br />What we do have though is the extended version of ROTK. <br /><br />Apparently we will see Saurons captain at the gate (something I felt the cinematic film missed), still waiting to see if Christopher Lee will make an appearance and I personally hope that we will see Aragorn use the Palentire to call out Sauron's forces. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

C

CalliArcale

WOOHOO!!!!<br /><br />The Mouth of Sauron makes an appearance? Yay!<br /><br />I have no doubt at all that Saruman's death scene will be part of it. After all, they did spend a lot of money filming it, and it's pretty important, so I'm sure they'll let us see that. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

F

flynn

Sarumans death is important yes, but the scene I really really want (other than Saurons mouthpiece) is Aragorn with the Palentir.<br /><br />I can see it in my head, the first time Saruman gets rocked as he realises who he is up against, the spurs for him to move his remaining forces to the gate allowing Sam and Frodo to get to Mount Doom. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

J

jcdenton

Saruman will make an appearance in ROTK:EE. Read about all the other details here.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

F

flynn

<br /><br />"Aragorn reveals himself to Sauron by approaching the Palantir in Minas Tirith and wields Anduril to show that the Heir of Elendil was alive."<br /><br /><br />This is the bit I'm looking for. How can you show shock on a CGI eye? I guess it'll scream <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

C

commander_keen

Just make the pupil dilate widely... Suaron kinda went into shock when the treefort he was standing on collapsed.

A

a_lost_packet_

<font color="yellow">The Mouth of Sauron makes an appearance? Yay! </font><br /><br />Not having his 'couple of minutes in the final release was a disservice imo. By the way, I watched the credits as they rolled down the screen. There was a character listed as "Mouth of Sauron" but I didn't see who the actor was. I don't remember if it is listed on the CD already released though.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

C

CalliArcale

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>BUT.....it would be REALLY satisfying to have at least another 45 minutes of material covering the Hobbit Heroes' return to The Shire where they make all The Bad People "go away" (...heh-heh...), release the prisoners cooped up in dingy holes, clean up the water pollution...introduce wooden nickels...etc...etc...... <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />Unfortunately, that definintely won't be there, firstly because they didn't film it, and secondly because for some reason Peter Jackson really didn't like "The Scouring of hte Shire".<br /><br />Plus, they made one major change to the continuity which makes "The Scouring of the Shire" impossible -- Saruman dies at Orthanc, and that <i>was</i> filmed. "The Scouring of the Shire" can only happen if he survives. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

J

jcdenton

<font color="orange">...for some reason Peter Jackson really didn't like "The Scouring of the Shire". </font><br /><br /><font color="yellow">I'm reading this...but ...not...understanding it......</font><br /><br />IIRC, he said it was anticlimatic.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

W

wwwdvdmagnetcom

I think that the extended version is the best cut of the movie. When filemakers make so much of the making, cutting room floor, ect available to the viewer, it only makes the true fan even more happy. I got my copy preordered at http://www.dvdmagnet.com

F

flynn

Nice advert. I get all mine cheap via the internet already, I got 300+ not including multi disk sets.<br /><br />Come back when you can do me It! terror from beyond space in Region 2, I've only got it on Region 1 at the minute. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

S

spankdaddy

I heard that the extended version added an hour and 45 minutes to the movie. Any truth to that??

M

mousebot

I thought the whole point of the scouring of the shire was to show that the Hobbits had learned how to deal with the changing world and could rebuild. The Shire was supposed to be more beautiful than before once Sam was done with it.

M

mkofron

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>I heard that the extended version added an hour and 45 minutes to the movie. Any truth to that?? <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />Not quite that much.. it's length is 4 hours 10 minutes (!!!!) which would be roughly 45 minutes longer than the theatre release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS