Lunar ecclipse - exact time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newtonian

Wednesday, 10/27- what time? I am in Central Standard time, USA.

B

bbrock

Starry Night, Central Kentucky Lat & Lon, Eastern Standard Time:<br /><br />Penumbra begins 8:09 PM<br />Penumbra complete and Umbra Begins @ 9:14 PM<br />Umbra complete @ 10:18 PM<br />Umbra begins to end @ 11:52 PM<br />Umbra ends at 12:56 AM<br />Penumbra ends at 2:00 AM<br /><br />Bill

N

newtonian

petepan - It was and is time constraint.<br /><br />Plus, I almost forgot the ecclipse and so my ulterior motive was to remind all of you.<br /><br />USA is in North America, BTW.<br /><br />BBrock- thank you. Central Standard time is 1 hour earlier than Eastern Standard time.<br /><br />That would be pretty soon after evening twilight!<br /><br />BTW- when do we change our clocks?

N

newtonian

OK, 8:14 PM Central Standard time it begins, with the first sliver of the moon removed (not literally) by the earth's shadow.<br /><br />Totality begins 9:18 PM and continues to 10:52 PM, etc.<br /><br />Thank you, BBrodk!<br /><br />Anyone want to post an image? <br /><br />BTW- make sure you adjust for your specific time zone.

M

MeteorWayne

I hate to resurrect a long dead thread, but have noticed many lurkers looking here, so....<br /><br />For information about tonight's (Mar 3-4 2007) Total lunar eclipse, see the "Lunar Eclipse has started" thread in Ask the Astronomer. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

T

tropicalzone

actually it started at 4:42pm central.by the time the moon rose in the cst time the earth's shadow was starting to exit the moon: half hour later and just regular full moon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts