"Magneto" (2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

<b>Director/screenplay:</b> David S. Goyer (Batman Begins, Batman: Dark Knight, Blade, Dark City)<br /><br /><b>Synopsis:</b> the early life of Eric Lensherr and his friendship with Charles Xavier, and how the one-time allies became mortal enemies.<br /><br />Casting: TBA<br /><br />Personally I think the young Professor X should be played by Tom Hardy, the actor who played Patrick Stewart/Picard's clone in ST: Nemisis;<br /><br />Comparison image from Nemisis....<br /><br />Tom Hardy pic.... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

B

border_ruffian

That's cool.<br /><br />Hopefully the filmmakers will do a comprehensive history of the relationship between Prof. X and Magneto. They should also tackle the tension between Magneto and his twin children: Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. They need to get into all that. Why does Magneto resent his children? Why do the twins still call Xavier "uncle" even though they are part of The Brotherhood (mortal enemies of the X-Men)? etc.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

T

timejump

I just hope they do they series when Legacy goes back to kill Magneto. because you cant tell me the AOA wouldn't be a hit on the big screen

D

docm

In the Marvel universe "Iron Man" (shooting), "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" (in post), "Wolverine", "Sub-Mariner", "Nick Fury", "Luke Cage", "Thor", "Captain America", "Spider-Man 4", "Punisher 2" (scripting), "Black Salt", "Deathlok", "Iron Fist" and "The Incredible Hulk" which by the way looks to be a better production/story than the first Hulk flick;<br /><br />Director: Louis Leterrier (The Transporter 1 & 2)<br />Bruce Banner/Hulk: Edward Norton <br />Betty Ross: Liv Tyler<br />Emil Blonsky/Abomination: Tim Roth <br /><br />In DC's universe "Superman: The Man of Steel" (rumors: Brainiac or Darkseid plus 1 super-kid to train - shoots next summer), "Batman: The Dark Knight" (shooting w/Heath Ledger as <i>very, <b>VERY</b></i> psychotic Joker), "The Watchmen" (shoots in August '07), "The Flash", "Wonder Woman", "The Losers" and ......(extended drum roll)...... "The Justice League" in 2010.<br /><br />Enough? There's more; "Sin City" 2 & 3, "HellBoy 2", <b><font color="yellow">"The Witchblade"</font>/b>, "Star Trek 10" (prequal to TOS), "Fahrenheit 451", "Logan's Run", "Terminator 4", "John Carter of Mars" and a live action version of <b><font color="yellow">"Ghost in the Shell"</font></b></b> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

H

hracctsold

That was an interesting post. I am waiting for the Silver Surfer, (I hope they do a good job on him). Nick Fury should be hopefully a good one as well. As I said in another post somewhere, I enjoyed the N.F. Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., just because it was enjoyable to watch. They had good people as the characters, and it did remind me of those storylines.<br /><br />I don't know about Thor or Capt. America, but what do we really know about production quality of most or all of them anyway. Do you think a Spiey 4 will be above just a sequel, or can it still continue to live up to its reputation?<br /><br />Tremors 1 & 2 were fine, but 3 turned into a sequel, and I have not even cared to see 4 at all. And as for the poster's comments about someone having many comics, just the memories are enough now, 'cause if I still DID have all those books, I would have been rich, as least according to all those catalogs prices any way. I had, among others, the FIRST 10 issues of Teen Titans, and several 10 cent issues of Aquaman and the Submariner as well.<br />But life does move on!!!!

V

vagueship

You obviously didn't see Nick Fury played by David Hasselhoff.

H

hracctsold

Whatta mean?<br /><br />Leaving aside any of his personal problems, I thot he looked a lot like Col. Nick Fury. Now the show itself had some problems, (political and such), but as a comic character, it was alright.

D

docm

F4: Silver Surfer site w/trailers<br /><br />LARGE render of SS's face from a movie frame. Check the eye details.<br /><br />Iron Man is a Paramount production and will, along with John Carter of Mars, be scripted by Hawk Ostby (Children of Men - a massively overlooked flick from last year). <br /><br />Iron Man website (no content yet)<br /><br />Iron Man poster w/pic of the suit<br /><br />Cast;<br /><br />Tony Stark/Iron Man: Robert Downey Jr. (perfect casting since both are alcoholics) <br />Jim Rhodes: Terrence Howard<br />Virginia 'Pepper' Potts: Gwyneth Paltrow<br />Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger: Jeff Bridges<br /><br />Nick Fury will be a Paramount release, not a mini-studio, and will be scripted by Andrew W. Marlowe (Air Force One, Hollow Man and the coming Manhunt - the search for Lincoln's assassin)<br /><br />Thor will be scripted by Mark Protosevich (The Cell & the coming Omega Man remake I Am Legend)<br /><br />Captain America & Deathlok are scripted by David Self (Thirteen Days, Back to Perdition, Beyond)<br /><br />Sub-Mariner will be directed/written by Jonathan Mostow (U-571, T3, From the Earth to the Moon)<br /><br />Spidey 4 will be fine as Rami is still listed as the director. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

H

hracctsold

So, Just what DOES interest you then? Maybe hearing and listening to some Vogan poetry may interest you. <br /><br />You do know what Vogan poetry is, right?

C

CalliArcale

Of course, most of those movies probably won't actually happen, at least not right away. "Development hell" can be a long and torturous process for a movie.<br /><br /><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>"The Watchmen" (shoots in August '07)<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />Really? I know this one has been in development hell for quite a long time. Avid comic fan Terry Gilliam was approached to do it years ago. He and a dedicated team hammered away at it, struggling to get the massive story to fit in a feature length movie. They quit when they realized they'd edited out the Comedian, who, despite being killed in the very first page of the graphic novel, is actually a pretty important character. Sure, the events can transpire without him; they just don't have much of a motivation behind them.<br /><br />I think the sheer amount of exposition required will render this one impossible unless it's done as a miniseries. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts