• We hope all of you have a great holiday season and an incredible New Year. Thanks so much for being part of the Space community!

Mars Express finds 'Active glacier' on Mars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

itsfullofstars

BBC seams to be getting good at reporting space articles at the moment :)<br /><br />"The young glacier appears in the Deuteronilus Mensae region between Mars' rugged southern highlands and the flat northern lowlands. <br /><br />"If it was an image of Earth, I would say 'glacier' right away," Dr Gerhard Neukum, chief scientist on the spacecraft's High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) told BBC News. "<br /><br />http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7151190.stm<br />

D

docm

Sure sounds like one.... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

JonClarke

I am locking this thread as there is a parallel one in "Space Science and Technology" with more posts. Please continue there.<br /><br />Jon <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Whether we become a multi-planet species with unlimited horizons, or are forever confined to Earth will be decided in the twenty-first century amid the vast plains, rugged canyons and lofty mountains of Mars</em>  Arthur Clarke</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts