Mars rover question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vladius

why is every public image that we get from mars either "false color" or black and white? And the ones that dont say "false color" look grainy and crappy... does the surface of mars REALLY look that grainy and crappy?<br /><br />Can they not get a Kodak easy cam to work on mars? Cause i would like to see what it REALLY would look like if i were standing on one of them hills...

N

najab

I wouldn't call this grainy or crappy (this is just a segment of a random MER image I have on my computer).

V

vladius

thats a nice one....u sure that isnt one of those "false color" images theyre putting out?

M

marslauncher

Actually because of the Filters on the Pan Cam mast all color pictures are "false color" We can only get an approximate image that looks very like what we would see if we stood there.<br /><br />The PanCam Filters were designed not for just accurate "human eye" pictures but for geology study, the filters were chosen to provide the broadest spectrum possible as different elements show up brighter or darker at different wavelengths.<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts