Mars Soil

Oct 27, 2019
Visit site
What is the going idea as to the soil composition where the drill for the Insight Mole and will this be expected everywhere on the planet or just an anomaly there?
Also congrats on bringing back the forums. I like to see other peoples opinions as well as my own.

shaines

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 22, 2019
Visit site
What is the going idea as to the soil composition where the drill for the Insight Mole and will this be expected everywhere on the planet or just an anomaly there?
Also congrats on bringing back the forums. I like to see other peoples opinions as well as my own.

I'd love to hear from an expert as well. I have been tracking info on the Mars rovers for years now and all I really picked up were some pretty broad strokes about it. I know much of the soil we've seen is considered toxic and that Earth soil has biological matter in it, but that's not the case on Mars.

I'm really excited to see what we learn next, for sure.

Thanks for the well wishes on the forums. We're incredibly excited to have them back and look forward to doing some swag giveaways and hearing from more great folks with Ask Me Anythings and the like.

I don't have the results handy, but several missions, including 2001 Odyssey Orbiter took IR images that should have determined much of the composition of the top soil. The Mars Orbiter Mission (MON) uses a Thermal Infrared Imaging Spectrometer (TIS) to study the morphology, topography and mineralogy of Mars.

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
I'd love to hear from an expert as well. I have been tracking info on the Mars rovers for years now and all I really picked up were some pretty broad strokes about it. I know much of the soil we've seen is considered toxic and that Earth soil has biological matter in it, but that's not the case on Mars.

I'm really excited to see what we learn next, for sure.

Thanks for the well wishes on the forums. We're incredibly excited to have them back and look forward to doing some swag giveaways and hearing from more great folks with Ask Me Anythings and the like.

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
I share the interest in the problem with the Mole. I am worried about what this means for other areas. However, they can drill into rock without problem. But that is why I wanted to write here. I would like to be one of the say that I think NASA has found something when they drilled the Glen Estive site in Gale Crater. They used the wet chemistry lab and they are not releasing the results until next year. That suggests that the results are under some kind of peer review process. And since they had Curiosity take a special selfie to mark the occasion, I think they wanted that for history. Certainly, I don't know anything but I wanted to be the first to say that they now do know something.

Dec 12, 2019
Visit site

I have some ideas of which mar's could consist. First of all you must know that numerical value of the Mars is 6. Mar's are sixth planet from the Pluto. 6 mean Carbon-Silica deposite's (carbon sixth in the chemical table). So the mar's might be consist of very great Carbon-Silica deposites, or something like Carbo-Metal's - oxidised metal's , that's why you see the mar's reddish, when the metal's are oxidise it become brown-reddish RUST. btw if there are a lot of metal's decay - mar's must be very radiationed.

Latest posts