Matter that Matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ranjha

<p>What is that dark stuff between the stars? I&rsquo;m sure you&rsquo;ve been asked that question many times in your life. But have you been able to answer it in something more then, space? In this paper, I will give you my answer to the question. Ever since I was a young child, I always wondered what all that empty space was. Every matter is made up of molecules, every molecule is made up of atoms, every atom is made up of neutrons and protons and electrons, every neutron and proton are made up of 3 quarks. Now what makes up quarks?&nbsp; According to quantum mechanics every wave/particle has certain velocity and certain mass. You can never know the exact position of the particle because in order to know the position you would have to hit the particle with light of variant frequency which in return would change the position of the particle. Higher the energy, shorter the wave. Shorter the wave, higher the frequency. So, if you try to hit the particle with higher frequency, the velocity of the light would change the velocity of the particle but would give you a predictable position. If you hit the particle with shorter frequency, the particle would change its velocity with such a force that you won&rsquo;t be able to predict the position. So we can never predict the exact position or the velocity of a particle. </p><p>Now we address the main question. According to famous noble prize physicist Pauli, every particle has a spin. But not all particles have the same spin. Let&rsquo;s say particle A has single dimensional spin. Doesn&rsquo;t matter what position/angle you look from, it&rsquo;s appearance stays the same. Now let&rsquo;s say particle B has single directional spin. After 360<font face="Symbol">&deg;</font> the particle would be at the same place where it started from, right? Yes, that would make sense but since this is science it&rsquo;s never that simple. Sometimes you get particles with half spin, even after 360<font face="Symbol">&deg;</font> they are not at the same place, so they go around again and after 720<font face="Symbol">&deg;</font> it ends up at the same place, right? Of course not, what happens is the particle seems to be at the same place but is actually on a different axis. Axes are not always the same. It&rsquo;s the distance away from neutron that is important. </p><p>Every particle has an antiparticle. That antiparticle is the same particle that was traveling on different axis at a different time. If you were to reverse the spin of the original particle then you will meet up with its antiparticle. If the particle and the antiparticle meet they will cancel each other out and everything will vanish. In other words, let&rsquo;s say I&rsquo;m&nbsp;Ranjha and I am living on a certain axis relative to everything else in the universe. If I was to reverse my time and meet up with my antiRanjha I will not exist anymore because I will be cancelled by antiRanjha. Let&rsquo;s say there&rsquo;s a particle with A spin going in circles starting from left side. At the same time it meets with a particle with B spin going in circles starting from right side. When both collide with each other, they cancel&nbsp;each other. By canceling I mean they become stationary instead of being in a constant spin. If they are stationary they are not producing any radiation energy therefore no light comes from them. Until somehow by gravity or by electromagnetic fields pull those particles away from each other creating light and energy. So what is that dark stuff between the stars, it&rsquo;s the matter and antimatter in its stationary form that is holding infinite amount of energy, just waiting to be ignited. If there is enough gravity or enough electromagnetic static everything in the space will be filled with so much energy that we might just get another "big bang".&nbsp;I believe that dark matter is just a time bomb waiting to be ignited. Of course what I believe has nothing to do with REALITY!</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="2" color="#cc33cc"><font color="#000000">"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."<br /></font><span style="font-size:11px;color:#339999">By: Homer Simpson<br /></span></font></p> </div>

E

emperor_of_localgroup

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'> So what is that dark stuff between the stars, it&rsquo;s the matter and antimatter in its stationary form that is holding infinite amount of energy, just waiting to be ignited. If there is enough gravity or enough electromagnetic static everything in the space will be filled with so much energy that we might just get another "big bang".&nbsp;I believe that dark matter is just a time bomb waiting to be ignited. Of course what I believe has nothing to do with REALITY! <br /> Posted by Ranjha</DIV></p><p><font size="2">Nice interesting theory though. But I'll wait until someone rips you (I mean your theory)&nbsp; apart. They here don't like anything new and unconventional. But your theory has lots of holes. At first, AFAIK, particle and anti-particle when come in contact don't just disappear but generate energy.</font></p><p><font size="2">Second, if inter-stellar space is&nbsp; 'dark matter' or&nbsp; just non-radiating matter or time bomb waiting to be ignited, photons from distant stars should have ignited them already. At least we should have seen some results of&nbsp; interaction between your 'non-radiating dark matter' and many high energy particles and photons.</font></p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="2" color="#ff0000"><strong>Earth is Boring</strong></font> </div>

D

derekmcd

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Nice interesting theory though. But I'll wait until someone rips you (I mean your theory)&nbsp; apart. They here don't like anything new and unconventional.&nbsp; <br /> Posted by emperor_of_localgroup</DIV></p><p>Who is "they"?&nbsp;&nbsp; New and unconventional ideas are always welcome as long as they are not pure speculation with no supportive evidence.</p><p>Nothing wrong with presenting new ideas.&nbsp; However, if you present them in such a way as they should be considered a valid alternative, you better be prepared for criticism and to be asked to substantiate the claims.</p><p>Scientists are always skeptical of new ideas, hypotheses, models and theories.&nbsp; That's how science progresses.</p><p>It seems you did quite well in following the scientific method by pointing out flaws in the OP's ideas.&nbsp; Are you including yourself in the "they"?&nbsp;</p><p>Should we just entertain every willy nilly notion that is presented without critiquing it?&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div> </div><br /><div><span style="color:#0000ff" class="Apple-style-span">"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson</span></div> </div>

D

derekmcd

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Every particle has an antiparticle. That antiparticle is the same particle that was traveling on different axis at a different time. If you were to reverse the spin of the original particle then you will meet up with its antiparticle.<br /> Posted by Ranjha</DIV></p><p>I don't believe spin on the subatomic level has anything to do with rotation in the classic sense.&nbsp; It's also not something you can change and/or reverse, nor does a particle's spin have anything to do with its antiparticle.</p><p>Antiparticles are only such based on their charge.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div> </div><br /><div><span style="color:#0000ff" class="Apple-style-span">"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson</span></div> </div>

R

Ranjha

Well guys...first of all...what I wrote was not any type of theory.&nbsp; It's just something that popped in my head and thought I would share with people who know what "they" are talking about.&nbsp; Never hurts to write down your thoughts and than learn from people who actually know.&nbsp; For example I learned from this that on the subatomic level rotation is different than our classical sense.&nbsp; Of course I would have to read a bit more to understand that because rotation just meant rotation to me until now. Also it would be interesting to find out why the photons from distant stars have not completely ignited my time bomb. So, "they" whoever that is can critique all they want, it just means more learning for me! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="2" color="#cc33cc"><font color="#000000">"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."<br /></font><span style="font-size:11px;color:#339999">By: Homer Simpson<br /></span></font></p> </div>

D

derekmcd

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>So, "they" whoever that is can critique all they want, it just means more learning for me! <br /> Posted by Ranjha</DIV><br /></p><p>That's a fantastic attitude to have.&nbsp; There's nothing wrong with being wrong when you are willing to learn from it.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div> </div><br /><div><span style="color:#0000ff" class="Apple-style-span">"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson</span></div> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.