Mercury Transit

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tfwthom

November 8th 9th (depending on where you are in the world) Last transit was May 7th, 2003, next May 9th, 2016.<br /><br />Remember not to look at the Sun without proper filters!<br /><br />19:12 UT November 8th<br />3:12 p.m. AST<br />2:12 EST<br />1:12 CST<br />12:12 MST<br />11:12 a.m. PST<br /><br />I have to be in NYC that week (wife has to be in American Express Tower WFC) so I'm taking my Nikon 10x50's and some Badder Solar film. I'll be around the Embassy Suites (across the street) or Battery Park area (where ever I can get a look at the Sun) if anyone wants to look. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

Q

qso1

Thanks for the info. I recall seeing a transit many years ago and using a piece of exposed film to project the suns image onto thru my scope. It was so small relative to the sun image which wasn't very big itself thru the old scope I had, but I saw it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts